Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which chip would/are you gonna use for UT3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crimson Engage View Post
    My simple mistake, but listen to what you just said, each core has 3.2GH. that's 6.4GHz all together. Now tell me your PC can accomplish that.
    The 360 will have no problem running the game at max. Hell most PC's can hardly run Vegas on UE3... The PC is for multimedia etc etc. While you play a game on a PC, you always have additional tasks running in the background. The 360 does not. It was built for one thing, and one thing only, and that is gaming. I now know i do not have to spend a fortune to play ONE game, instead of buying a $400 graphics card (or any other part) i could invest that money in accessories and more games.
    For one thing, if you want to measure the raw power of the processor, 3 x 3.2 = 9.6GHz. Try to learn basic mathematics.

You also appear to be suffering from the Megahertz Myth, where you think that the higher the clock speed, the better the CPU. This is not true. The Xbox 360's Xenon CPU is based on IBM's PowerPC architecture. This is totally different from Intel or AMD.

I'm not saying that the Xenon CPU isn't powerful, but you can't just rely on clock speed and say it's better than everything else. Intel did this for years and AMD's slower clocked CPUs won all the time.

Another thing is, desktop PC processors are forever changing, so if the Xenon CPU is better than one thing today, it will be weaker than another tomorrow.

"Unreal Engine 3-powered games running at 1280x720 with full screen anti-aliasing? Not a problem for the Xbox 360. "
    That resolution is very small. When UT3 comes out, PCs will be able to hit much higher ones than that.

Comment

My simple mistake, but listen to what you just said, each core has 3.2GH. that's 6.4GHz all together. Now tell me your PC can accomplish that.
      The 360 will have no problem running the game at max. Hell most PC's can hardly run Vegas on UE3... The PC is for multimedia etc etc. While you play a game on a PC, you always have additional tasks running in the background. The 360 does not. It was built for one thing, and one thing only, and that is gaming. I now know i do not have to spend a fortune to play ONE game, instead of buying a $400 graphics card (or any other part) i could invest that money in accessories and more games.

"Unreal Engine 3-powered games running at 1280x720 with full screen anti-aliasing? Not a problem for the Xbox 360. "
      3.2+3.2+3.2 doesnt = 9.6. That's not the way things work.

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
        Believe me if it had 3 seperate processors, it would cost a f***load more than a measly $399.
        It has 3 cores. Thats three symetrical CPUs on one die. 3.2ghz PPC doesnt mean the same thing as 3.2ghz x86. PPC is a RISC based CPU and x86 is a CISC based CPU. You simply can't compare MHZ especially when comparing CISC to RISC. It's an entirely different world of comparison. They DO NOT compare.

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz View Post
          That resolution is very small. When UT3 comes out, PCs will be able to hit much higher ones than that.
          LOL I believe Hal said the Dell XPS 710's were running it at 2560x1900 or something like that during his test. I'm sure AA was enabled for a press test. I think what's going to happen is that this moron is going to believe that the consoles are truly more powerful than modern PCs right up until he sees it being played on a modern PC for the first time. The bottom line is, regardless of what this guy would like to believe, the high end PCs of today are sucking the doors off of what the "next gen" consoles can pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
            It can also cost you money if you mess up.
            Meh. Even an overclocking noob can pull it off. It's not as hard or ANYWHERE near as dangerous as a lot of people think. I'm getting 2.8ghz out of a 1.86ghz chip right now in my machine (Core 3 Duo e6300) and it's sitting at 41C idling. hits 47C under load. That's WAY within the safety margins of this CPU and it's getting a massive increase in speed.

Comment

lol silly nub

owned?

lol dude you really make the phrase "silly nub" come to life ,. your just a little fish in a pond compared to swiming in a sea of goliath pc's just crushing the xbox's restricted limitations in more ways than you can count on both hands

Comment

QUA QUA QUADRUPLE POST POST POST.
                Seriously, use the edit button

Comment

burned....

in any case, Il be using good ol' X2 Dual Core 4200+ at 2.8GHz O'C

I have a Radeon X1600Pro which I think will run it good, if not Ill go X1950 or the R600 when it comes out (if I can find the money ^^).

Comment

hmm, if ut3 lags long enough by teh time the am3 boards drop. I guarentee ill be on one of those, hypertransport=3000 , ddr3, pci-e 2.0, sata 2, and more goodies .. anyone got some good info on the am3 boards and chips? cuase im gonna ride out my am2 setup and patiently gonna wait for for a sic am3 board and a amd quadcore, just give amd till about q1 2008,. i hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Molgan View Post
                      Lol. Guess the dudes at Epic are silly nubs too then when they say they cant bring the content straight from the PC to the consoles because of the mem limitations on the consoles?

PC is always a better buy. If you can live with slowed down games, horribly low frame rates, sucky controls, no configurability, being in the hands of a company that can tell u to bend over and pay-to-play if they wish + that you don't do anything else in life then playing and therefore don't have need of internet or other softwares; well then a console is perfect for you. Saying that "I have a console and a low end comp on the side for other stuff" is also dumb, combine the prize of the 2 and you can buy a PC that perform just as good as the console, without all the downsides a console brings.

And the fact that you don't have to press the Install button after putting the DVD in the drive is the worst excuse to buy a console I have ever heard. ^^
                      "LOLZ" indeed. You are the reason the internet is a terrible, terrible place.

Comment

Working...
                      X