Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which chip would/are you gonna use for UT3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which chip would/are you gonna use for UT3?

Im curious as to what chip everyone will, or would like to use for UT3 when it drops? I didnt include server or mobile chips to make the poll easier to debate (as a majority of people will tend to use desktop chips). I asked which chip would/are you gonna use becuase i wanna know what chip would you realitsticaly would use, or what chip you are certainly going to use.(and explain your side of why) Now without nitpicking the life outta the poll question or choices, id like to have a freindly debate.

EDIT:
    i cant edit the poll for some reason, i dont see any options, but excuse me for only showing the socket F - FX chips, the socket 939, and socket AM2 chips are included in the FX poll option (obviously, its an FX) sorry bout that.

Also this article is a good one about the quad cores from amd and intel. take a look if ya like, its about 4 months old, but still a good review.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36087

My choice?

As for me, being that i have a AM2 socket, i would like to eventually throw in the FX-62, but i will wait till the price drops. Its still waaaaayyy too expensive and not worth it right now.

-Thursday 30 November 2006
    That article is old.

I'll be trying with the Intel Core architecture. If I need to upgrade it, so be it.

Comment

Well, right now, intel C2D. When it's actually out? Who knows...

Comment

Where does Opteron 165 fit in?
        Your being incredibly vague here, AMD X2 just means a dual core AMD processor. An Athlon 64 can be X2 as well.
        And thats not going into the details of a 5000 vs a 3000, or looking at intel.

Comment

Lays. Ok i'll be using intel pentium 4 with 3.6 ghz

Comment

already have AM2 with dual core 3800 which should be fine on UT3. This system has to rock for a few years. I may look for a better vidcard if DX10 becomes mainstream.

Comment

3800+ X2 .

Comment

my Core 2 Duo @3330mhz
                ®

Comment

Well, I run a Duo 6600 @ 3.6Ghz, and unless epic move to DX10 which I doubt, I think any high speed cpu will do, how ever i'll have an 8950GT plugged in by the time UT3 is released, so I don't think i'll have any probs, even with my 8800GTX now!

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                    Well, right now, intel C2D. When it's actually out? Who knows...
                    ...end of thread?
                    I'm holding out for benchmarks of the actual game and prices at the time of the game's release.

Comment

The C2D blows away AMD's in almost every benchmark available... Not only that, but for the first time in a LONG time the intel chips are superior to the AMD chips for overclocking.

Comment

Right now I have a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz though that may change by the time UT3 comes out. I'll wait for UT3 Demo to come out before I have any major upgrades done.

Comment

e6600, hopefully paired with a DX10 card

Comment

Intel Lays. Very tastey. How good is a P5P800 motherboard.

Comment

I'll be using some sort of dual core athlon setup by the time UT3 comes out... simply because I like to support AMD... and regardless of the processor(between similar AMD and intel models), the biggest bottleneck is usually at the videocard or RAM.

As a side note, the intel chips right now outperform AMD partly because when the AM2 socket came out, they pretty much didn't upgrade the performance of their processors in any way except for the DDR2 compatibility because the memory controller for AMD is on the CPU (intel's isn't) and their primary objective was to develop a reliable memory controller to work with the DDR2. As a result, intel temporarily jumped ahead of AMD in the performance benchmarks because their development time has been focused more on just improving processing power. Now that AMD has long cleared the upgraded memory controller hurdle, I expect more impressive things from them. Hopefully the AMD fans aren't disappointed...

Long and short: by the time UT3 comes out, a whole lot of people who say they'll be running intel may end up running AMD... but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X