Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using scope on ion painter or target painter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using scope on ion painter or target painter.

It would be nice if you could use the ion or target painter scope to look at things even though you have already used it.

Maby some night vision or thermal imaging binoculars would be better.

Comment

Well you can use the SNIPER RIFLE scope..?

LOL @ Jonny btw

Comment

why do you need scope to get it perfict on ion + target painter when the explotion will just wipe'em out???

Comment

To be honest I didn't like the target painter superweapons much. They just didn't add much to the game. I hope that epic changes things around a ton to make these weapons more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TWD View Post
            To be honest I didn't like the target painter superweapons much. They just didn't add much to the game. I hope that epic changes things around a ton to make these weapons more interesting.
            Agreed. The phoenix bomber was useless. I've never seen a node taken out by the airstrike. It damages some stuff, but it isn't uncommon to have these bombs going off all around you, and survive it. Since the painting phase requires a few terrible seconds of vulnerability, and the bomber, when it arrives, is also vulnerable, and the bombs are unguided, they needed to be a lot more powerful to have any notable effect.

Comment

The target painter could be used for a vehicle drop as well... or weapons/ammo, or a health pod...

... different weapon systems too.

It has potential to be cool... and they did say (iirc) that it would be map specific... which is good imho.

Comment

In my opinion these weapons are more balanced than the deemer, but the target painter sucks. I hate the "line-airstrike". It should do a big area of airstrike.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but controlling the target painter in ONS (e.g. Frostbite and Dawn) often is the difference between a win and a loss in competitive play. Shoot, we scrimmed another clan last night and won by keeping control of the TP, imo.

Also, I am not sure why you think the airstrike is "useless." In both of the aforementioned maps, it regularly takes out the nodes (and on Dawn, takes out two when placed properly).

I do agree, however, that something more interesting would be in line. Particularly in Warfare, where of the conduits are mostly inside or covered, which is my impression from the various trailers to date.

Comment

We didn't hear about the ion cannon from epic so it's not true. Showme proof of existance.

Comment

there used to be a mutator for the target painter that did a scatterbomb style airstrike that was much more powerful than the regular painter. I havent seen it in over a year though.

Comment

There's been a handful of muts that change how the airstrike works
                        I've seen at least 2 that change the bombs from straight drops to random drops covering a wider area(one you could adjust how many bombs were lobbed out)

MadNad tweaked it for Excessive so that there's 3 bombers and all 3 drop the bombs on random paths. It's really nasty for blanketing an area with death

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                          The target painter could be used for a vehicle drop as well...
                          Yeah, if it dropped tanks onto the enemy, it might do some damage!

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                            Yeah, if it dropped tanks onto the enemy, it might do some damage!
                            I vote Levi. With 4 bots already loaded.

Comment

That would be very overpowered.

Comment

Working...
                              X