Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 to support dual monitors for the PC? One way to best consoles?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guru7892 View Post
    I have dual monitor support and I feel like I wasted money.
    If you bought it for gaming: yes, you're right. I kinda wonder why you thought 2 monitors would give you an edge in an FPS in the first place...

I know I said I didn't care either way about multi-monitor support, but I'm starting to change my mind. This whole thread sounds like it's crowded by filthy rich kids that want to spend anything but time to get an advantage over others.

Jeez...

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
      This happens often enough to need a keybind? I can't remember how to change teams... that's how often it happens.

Some people take this stuff far too seriously.
      In addition to evening out teams, I used this as an admin if I needed to change when players were telling me someone was "abusing" VoIP, so I could hear it for myself and take appropriate action if necessary.

Comment

Fine. I accept that there is a reason to bind team switching to a key that isn't about being a cheat or a wimp. Not that that was my initial thought. I'm often surprised when I'm told these things. I used to have suicide bound to a key, 'cause I played on DM-Morpheus a lot... and I hated waiting to crater when it was inevitable, but apparently I was denying people kills. It never occurred to me. I never look at my score while I'm playing, so I don't even think about frags.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
          I like having my right monitor open for teamspeak/ventrillo and for messages and email. It would be cool though to have some type of UT3 status window there or something, maybe hud info.
          That's the bonus with 2 screens. Don't care if it would be possible to have the game on 2 screens or not because it's useless and I wouldn't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taleweaver View Post
            If you bought it for gaming: yes, you're right. I kinda wonder why you thought 2 monitors would give you an edge in an FPS in the first place...

I know I said I didn't care either way about multi-monitor support, but I'm starting to change my mind. This whole thread sounds like it's crowded by filthy rich kids that want to spend anything but time to get an advantage over others.

Jeez...
            you have to be rich to have a 2nd monitor? and its not about finding an "edge" over other people. gaming on 2 monitors is sweet. thats pretty much all there is too it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taleweaver View Post
              ...This whole thread sounds like it's crowded by filthy rich kids that want to spend anything but time to get an advantage over others.

Jeez...
              And that's different from the no-life losers that spent their entire time tweaking the game just to gain an imaginary advantage like a few extra frames per second ?

Never mind that monitors are pretty cheap (2-300 for a decent flatscreen, crt's are almost 'free' by comparison) and they tend to last more than a few generations of pc's so it is not like you are spending money on something that only lasts a half year (like faster/better graphicscards and cpu's). There's also the added bonus of more desktopspace since Windows still doesn't do 'virtual desktops' like Linux has been doing for ages ...

Comment

Let's watch the flames. Closing.

Comment

Working...
                X