Customisable Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customisable Players

Quite a while back when epic were speculating on what was going to be in the game, i remember people talking about remote devices and the ability to customise the armour of your player to some extent. Is this going to be realised?

I think it's a great idea, it would be nice to add some kind of personal flare to my character in terms of armour design etc. I guess also when u pick up armour your character will physically wear it - but as for the rest...?

Custom charecter is good. Gives the feeling of your own know what i mean?? For the armor NOT so sorry. If you watch the 6 minute video carefully you would notice that one of the bots who sticks to the player with the flag has a Golden outlne just like a force field. No wearing of armor. The charecter does not actually turn gold at all. He just has a very little golden hase around him. Watch the 6m one. You'll see. And no i'm not talkin about when a peson with a shield is hit.

Comment

Yeah, I remember those threads. That would be an awesome feature.

Comment

This has already been confirmed a long time ago that you will be able to swap out different styles of shoulder, chest, thighs, boots, ect by steve polge and his interview with beyondunreal.

My guess is it works like this. The thundercrash team will get their own list of different types of shoulder pads and you will be able to choose from that list, but only if your a thundercrash character. I dont think you will be able to put thundercrash shoulderpads on an ironguard character.

Comment

I can't wait to see a user made Chuck Taylors!!

Comment

Not changeable faces though. Cause that is confirmed and you have a specific face. It's only the aromor.

Comment

Well it would be great if Epic will made this step to give the player you skin of your face, like Rainbow Six las Vegas for Xbox360 with the Xbox live Vision camera. It would be great but will not hapen this generation I think.

Comment

I would love it if things were set up so that players could wear custom graphics on their chest during online play... Kind of like guild tabards. That way clans could do some cool branding. Wouldn't require too much bandwidth or whatever either... You could keep the total file size to something like 50kb and each server could store thousands of those indefinetly without storage issues.

Comment

Yeah and did you notice some characters have tattoos on their faces. I wonder if that would be customizable to. Maybe pick different tattoos you want on your face. Maybe hair color and stuff like that. Looks like to me they don’t have the individual team decals though. Too bad, I like those.

Comment

Premade customizable art assets for characters would be cool like long or short dread locks for that one black guy necris duder. But I'm against anything that would include custom content for customizing characters. The reasoning is that you would end up with some really ugly stuff. No offense but for every 2 or 3 cool custom characters Ive seen from the mod community Ive seen dozens of really horrible character models.

But back to the idea, I think it would be cool to have different paint jobs for armor as long as they fit the theme/look for that character. A system like Need for speed most wanted for customizing characters would be great. Pre made by epic but you choose your rims/boots roof scoop/helmet kinda thing.

Comment

Doesn't matter, all of you are gonna look 100% flourescent green on my screen

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                        Doesn't matter, all of you are gonna look 100% flourescent green on my screen
                        Sounds like we got a hacker on our hands!!!!!
                        Jk.

But you are first going to have to wait a few weeks or so before you get your colorful pretty rainbow bunny looking jack rabbit happy furry soft little squizing fun little bright skins because they're not guna be coming directly with the game most likily.

Comment

Working...
                        X