Demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo?

There has been no announced demo, so i'm wondering what time do you guys think is an appropriate time to get one. If we do get one, what do u guys want to see in it? I personally wanna see a DM match, and a small scale Warfare in addition, so we can see what all the hub-bub is about! (Hub-bub...lol)

PC will get a demo(not confirmed for consoles), probably 1 month prior to the game's release.

Comment

I imagine we will get one of each game type……And they will be played on demo servers over and over and over and over and ……………….

Comment

I would like to see a mini-DM level out several months b4 game release, with the full demo being released a month b4 release with 1 CTF(with option to turn vehicles on or off), 1 warfare and 1 extra VDM level.

Comment

I'd really like to see a demo for 360. I'm entirely new to UT for the most part ( I've only played my friend's copy of... whatever the previous one was, 05,06 ,07?). A demo would be a good chance for me, and many others, to get their bearings for the NextGen UT!

Comment

Don't make it too good, don't make it too bad. If it is too good then it needs to have a time limit of some sort otherwise people won't think it's worth buying the full game.

Comment

I don't really agree with you there. If I play a demo that completely blows me away then I'm going to buy the full game for sure. If you love the demo, then it's obvious you'd want more, right? If you take a bite from a cookie and discover you like it a lot, you're going to want to eat the entire cookie... right?

Wow, that was a dumb analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                I imagine we will get one of each game type……And they will be played on demo servers over and over and over and over and ……………….
                They need to make the demo self destruct so we don't have to see these demo servers eating up master server resources for years to come.

Comment

No harm discussing so anyway. Why 1 map?? 1 for DM 2 for CTF and 1 for WF(WarFair:WF=lol)

PS: I know it's Warfare

2: Deadpool do change your written address.

Comment

EPIC has annouced that they relese a demo long before gold so thats about 3 months to get a good feedback from fans.So expect a demo around june. Because there has been mentioned that they plan to release at fall.

I wanna see 1 warfare , 1 ons, half set of vechiels l(5 axon, 5 necris)1 dm map, 1 1v1 map ,1 ctf map , 1 vctf map.

PS: Flak plz dont close thread.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostBiteEST View Post
                      EPIC has annouced that they relese a demo long before gold so thats about 3 months to get a good feedback from fans.So expect a demo around june. Because there has been mentioned that they plan to release at fall.

I wanna see 1 warfare , 1 ons, half set of vechiels l(5 axon, 5 necris)1 dm map, 1 1v1 map ,1 ctf map , 1 vctf map.
                      Historically they've released their UT Demo's about a month or so before the game goes GOLD if I recall correctly. This gives them a month to polish off things that users complain about in the demo...

Epic has a "when it's done, work on it for six more months" policy. Basically if the game is shippable this month, we'll see it six months from now. That's pretty much how they work. It was even mentioned in a recent Rein interview. Basically when we get ahold of the demo, all they've been doing for months is adding polish to the game and messing with the intricacies of gameplay and mechanics...

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
                        They need to make the demo self destruct so we don't have to see these demo servers eating up master server resources for years to come.
                        Yep. I agree. After the games been out for 1 year all demo severs go bye-bye.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                          Yep. I agree. After the games been out for 1 year all demo severs go bye-bye.
                          All they'd have to do is remove the demo capability from the master server so people can't serach for/find demo servers. This way people could still download and play the demo in single player form...

Comment

theres still people playing the ut2003 demo. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
                              Maybe you should blame the stupid server admins that decided that demoservers were the way to go not the demo it's self. We didn't have this problem in UT2003. You guys are the ones that set it up this way. It has nothing to do with the demo giving too much.

I guess september.

Comment

Working...
                              X