Is it strange that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it strange that...

I'm looking forward to creating content using the new engine more than actually playing the game?

No. Why would it be?

Comment

I don't know?

Comment

that's fine. I think it's perfectly normal to want to improve on what you already love. But i know what u mean, when Far Cry came out, i was looking foward to the map editor more than the actual game lol.

Comment

The editor of UT3 won't just be more of the same, only prettier. It'll have a lot of brand new toys, lit Kismet, to get excited about. I can't say I blame you about wanting to open the hood of this one! The game play may rock, but the editor allows us to create what we personally like, and that's a huge plus.

No mystery here!

Comment

I'm looking forward to some interesting changes to UScript that have been mentioned (especially changes to network coding)

Comment

It's the burden of creativity, all human.

Comment

Originally posted by InfiniteWeird View Post
                I'm looking forward to creating content using the new engine more than actually playing the game?
                you could just get RoboBlitz then, if you don't have it already, so you can get some quality time with the Editor before UT3 is released

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                  It'll have a lot of brand new toys, lit Kismet, to get excited about.
                  Actually Kismet is one of the things I'm not looking forward to. So far all of my encounters with graphical programming ended in a lot of frustration and wasted time and I expect Kismet to be no different.

Comment

From what little I've done in Kismet with Roboblitz, it's less 'programming' and more 'scripting' of in-game interactions. Things like buttons, lifts, doors, etc. are set up through Kismet, and it's a very nice interface for that., but I think UScript is still going to be the bread and butter of making mods and actually altering gameplay.

Comment

The thing I'm afraid of is that it'll be a little easier to do easy things and much harder to do hard things.
                      Then again, considering the Unreal Engine had no map scripting language at all so far, it can only be an improvement, but I would've preferred an improved interface for implementing UnrealScript code in maps.

Comment

Working...
                      X