Should I upgrade my PC or buy a PS3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I upgrade my PC or buy a PS3 ?

Hi guys, im wondering if I should buy a ps3 or upgrade my PC for ut3, if we can put a mouse and keybord on the ps3 maybe i should go with that options ?

Plz tell me if ps3 with keybord and mouse will be similar as my pc ?

I play unreal since 1999 with keyboard and mouse so im 100% sure i'll never play with a joysitck

It's up to you. I would go with a PC upgrade, because I can't stand Sony.

Whatever you do, wait until UT3 is out before making the decision. The console game might be a crippled form of the PC version.

Comment

PC is where it's at.

Comment

as The5thViruz said, wait for the game to come out, compare, buy what you want then. (depending on what's needed for your PC and money available)

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz View Post
          It's up to you. I would go with a PC upgrade, because I can't stand Sony.

Whatever you do, wait until UT3 is out before making the decision. The console game might be a crippled form of the PC version.
          that's some good advice, im a 360 gamer, and was planning on getting that version. But i don't mind upgrading my PC if it means a dramatically increased amount of fun

But if the PC version is only a little better, then im goin w/ the console.

Comment

Mike Capps also said that a considerable amount of work as to be put into converting maps for consoles which in the end = less user made content for consoles. Unless they find some way to make it easy for mappers to do this, most maps will stay on PC.

Consoles won't get the Editor. So if you map, yeah, you want the PC/Windows version.

Seeing the videos, the PC version looks faster than the Console version.

In the end, if Epic don't cripple UT3 PC to accomodate consoles, the PC will have the better version.

Comment

I'm going to upgrade just to have access to development tools, honestly probably won't playt he game itself much past the first month or two.

Comment

From the looks of some of the PS3 videos compared to the PC version, the PS3 looks much slower pace, so if your in for fast pace gameplay, your really not getting the same game when you get the PS3 version.

Now none of this could be true at whether or not they are the same or not, its just speculation from after seeing recent footage from both sides.

Comment

I would buy Xbox360 or upgrade your PC for this game

Comment

Def stick with PC.it will offer alot more, much more Downloads and mod support that ps3\360 will not have, plus UT is better on pc than console imo.And they stated that UT3 will run on budget gamers pc rigs so im guessing my amd 4400+ and my 7900 gt will run it fine

Comment

Or how about the 360?
                      The same graphics, for a cheaper price!

Comment

Forget the ps3 for now. What I learned and the bottom line for all who want to upgrade for ut3 is this. Buy a PC that has multiple PCi slots and and alot of ram and when UT3 comes out just fill those PCI slots up and the ram and you got it made with a cooling unit. BOTTOM LINE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Warfighter View Post
                          Or how about the 360?
                          The same graphics, for a cheaper price!
                          And closed online and probably no KB/M support

Comment

http://www.mc.com/cell/products/view...06&type=Boards <--- could just get one of these...

Comment

Working...
                            X