Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by N6CreepyD View Post
    If you read it again, he said the sixaxis CAN be used to aim, not WILL be used to aim. optional, just like every other game that uses it. besides, if you don't like the control, plug in a keyboard and mouse.
    Very good point there. Like with vehicles in DM and CTF, Epic isn't forcing anything on anyone, only increasing people's options.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In regards to feign death: it only works effectively on rare occassions, and is very rewarding and funny when it does. A lot of players know to keep shooting until you see gibs, though, and that eliminates the possibility of forgetting somebody.

I'm glad it's back, was one of the funnest animations ever. I enjoyed feigning death after winning a match so when the camera switches to you, you appear dead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    Personally I hope they get rid of that red flash. I can tell I've hit someone by: the fact that the weapon fire impacted the model (well, OK, the hitbox), the blood spray, the screams of pain... I don't need some artificial flash to tell me what three other things already do...
    Yeah, that was my point (Mort_Q) - of course i realise it's to show when you've hit someone, but i think it's unnecessary. If im blitzing someone with the stinger i don't want them to be glowing red like a traffic light. I guess it's good for feedback but id prefer they put it in as a mutator and not a compulsory part of the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally I hope they get rid of that red flash. I can tell I've hit someone by: the fact that the weapon fire impacted the model (well, OK, the hitbox), the blood spray, the screams of pain... I don't need some artificial flash to tell me what three other things already do...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So you can tell that you're doing damage!?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why do players flash red when they recieve damage?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To call the flak cannon a shotgun is an unforgiveable offense...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Unreal_User View Post
    A new gamespy preview of UT3 and their thoughts on the hands-on time they had with the game at GDC. Very positive preview overall, even if they are complete noobs (you can tell).

Check it out: http://au.ps3.gamespy.com/playstatio.../771700p1.html

It seems to be shaping up nicely – except for one thing which could ruin the whole game. The only thing that bothers me is the tilt function they plan on using to control aiming. That’s disgusting. How ridiculous is it going to be to trying to aim using tilt? Seriously think about that for a second. In a fast paced deathmatch my wrists are going to break, and I will also look like a complete looser while doing it. It will also be incredibly imprecise. Why can’t they just use the sticks? I have used them my whole life and I don’t plan on trying to get used to something absurdly different just because Sony rushed in motion sensing at the last minute and everyone thinks it’s cool and revolutionary. I’m NOT going to try something as stupid as this just because ONE developer made ONE shooter on ONE console with “cool” tilt aiming. I’m off to kill myself now.

If you read it again, he said the sixaxis CAN be used to aim, not WILL be used to aim. optional, just like every other game that uses it. besides, if you don't like the control, plug in a keyboard and mouse.

and to everyone else *****ing because this guy doesn't know everything about the unreal series... grow up. this article is obviously not for you, and as pointed out, there are other reviews by "hardcore" players.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iron12 View Post
    OK. Feign death question. If you feign death on some stairs do you go into rag-doll and tumble down the stairs. If so I’m going to be feign death all the time.
    Lol! what an idea! never though of that - I can see it now - Torlan with giant staircases! Whole race maps where you just slide on your ***.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    or feign in a dark corner???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK. Feign death question. If you feign death on some stairs do you go into rag-doll and tumble down the stairs. If so I’m going to be feign death all the time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    Yeah the spiral rockets are still in. At 47 seconds into that Game Videos 2 minute video a couple rockets were fired together that way to dispatch one foe.
    Ah well spotted that's a relief . As for faking death i dont think its something you want to do that often unless you see two darkwalkers coming over the hill. The more you do it the more you slow yourself down, are vulnerable to stray flak/rockets and if your lying on the floor by yourself its pretty obvious.

I imagine more skilled players might use it like this: Someone shockcombos a teamate near you - you time your feign-death well and it appears the combo took you out, the enemy lets his guard down and as he walks past you get back up and empty a flak shell into his back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
    I don't recall it being very effective in UT... you can't shoot while you're down and feigning... and bodies disappear fairly quickly, so seeing a body laying by the RL spawn wouldn't fool anybody more than once... you could just as easily camp without it.
    well i never played a UT game so idk what features r new or not. And when I caid camping, i meant the guy would get up while the person is swapping 4 the RL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The rockets are still in, but the player obviously doesn't know enough about how the weapon works to actually use it. I think the rocket launcher setup is the best way of doing it. However, it's not something someone is going to just pick up on without being told about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the feign death feature looks like it was made for campers. They just chill in front of the rockets spawn w/ a close range gun and then shoot people who come get it lol.
    I don't recall it being very effective in UT... you can't shoot while you're down and feigning... and bodies disappear fairly quickly, so seeing a body laying by the RL spawn wouldn't fool anybody more than once... you could just as easily camp without it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X