No announcement yet.

Factors effecting FPS on the whole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you think about it, Gears of War uses the same engine. Gears plays on the 360 with no video lag unless you use a lot of smoke grenades at once :-). As such, I can't see this being difficult to play on a PC that has more power to work with. Especially since it's coming out for consoles and PC's!

Comment

I remember they mentioned having 3D bricks popping outta walls and thet was not using extra polygons but like i mentioned before Parallex occlusion.

Talking about Players they have A heck of a lot more number compared to the number of polys in UT2 charecters.

The guns again the same situation. HDR I agree I have noticed that modern games make the people without HDR on feel inferior as the quality goes to *****. I would be upgrading so no big deal but for those who aren't????

Talking about texture detail i think high texture detail makes a very nice presentation but causes reduction in fps.

Now what i am not very well infored of and hoping you people could elaborate on is UT3 is supposed to need alot of shader stuff or whatever. I didn't really get that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Shagwell View Post
        I've still got a geforce 7800 under the bonnet, so I know what its like to have an old / mediocre graphics card.
        GF7800 a mediocre card??? ROFL!!!

Comment

7800 ain't mediocre. I HAVE A QUESTION WHICH NEED TO BE ANSWERED.:

What do you mean by UT3 is shader intesive and if so would we need more vertex or pixel shader units?

Comment

Originally posted by rsgs92 View Post

Talking about Players they have A heck of a lot more number compared to the number of polys in UT2 charecters.
            This is nice, but I'm hoping epic will provide us with a specific player detail setting (so that I can set it to lowest!). It's not like your going to have time to admire somebodies facial 100,000 poly face. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
              GF7800 a mediocre card??? ROFL!!!
              20fps 1024 x 768 in rainbox six vegas is mediocre. Vegas uses unreal engine 3. Its really laggy and choppy.

Comment

Nobody has answered my question ie: What do you mean by UT3 is shader intensive?????? And if so what speciality should be there in the Graphic card.

Comment

Working...
                X