Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

::amen!::

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
    If you have a PC, you need to fire up UT2004 and/or UT99 and check them out. UT99 was really one of those benchmark games that changed the direction of a lot of things in the gaming world. You'd be doing yourself a serious disservice if you didn't try out something from the previous Unreal series. Old graphics and all, UT99 is still an absolute blast to play.
    QFT! QFE!

In other words, there are no flaws in the above statements!

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Splitting

Originally posted by MrLemur2U View Post
      DeadPool,
      Pay them no mind - some folks just HATE consoles.
      QFT!
      -
      BTW, the PC split screen as a bad attempt at humor. Since a PC can not segrate one KBM input from another there will never be PC splitscreen gaming unless the OS supports it first.
      The only way would be for the computer to have multiple game controller ports, which would require cards in separate expansion slots. Then it would be up to the game itself to recognize them and split the screen. Probably not going to happen, due to resources etc... I'd rather just see from teammates via hot keys like usual.

Intentsly
      (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Originally posted by Gunshow360 View Post
        No one take this the wrong way, but it should have 4p split-screen for 360....
        And watch the 360 over-heat into a plastic ball of goo?

Epic always pushes the given generations hardware as far as they can which is why 2 is about the best a 360 can do unless it lowers visual settings for each split.

Comment

which is why 2 is about the best a 360 can do unless it lowers visual settings for each split.
          Would that not mean 1/4 the resolution? ;p

I think that this feature should definitely be supported, if possible, since it's much better to be able to play the game at a lower resolution/graphical quality than not play it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
            and Epic isn't really known for making serious errors...
            When I look at Unreal 2, I am not really sure about what you just said.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF View Post
              When I look at Unreal 2, I am not really sure about what you just said.
              Unreal 2 was designed by Legend, not Epic. 8]

Comment

Well I would hope that the UT3 console versions will have Split Screen - Especially with the new co-op single player campaign. And since they did it with Gears of War, it makes sense that they would stick it in UT3, too.

But there are some major technical differences between GoW and UT3. In GoW the maps are all very straight forward and linear, and relatively small. Many of UT3's maps will be very exansive - Especially in Warfare. I dont really know what extra strains Split Screen puts on a console, but its possible that it just isnt possible in UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger View Post
                  Unreal 2 was designed by Legend, not Epic. 8]
                  I would say that was a pretty serious error.

Comment

Didnt Unreal 2 on Xbox have Coop?

Comment

Why would anyone need co-op for Unreal 2? The game was terribly easy.

Comment

I am also interested in this question of Split-Screen.

I heard the PS3 version will support 2-player co-op. This is fine, but what about deathmatch? It really needs 4-player if split-screen is really going to be useful.

Comment

The unreal 1 coop rocks a lot!

I never used split screen even in console games (It was in a jurassic age, lol). I'd like to try it in PC gaming. I wonder if it is simply a matter of pressing a key to turn it on and off instantly.

It would be better than saying to a bot by the mic "Is the cave clear?" since my spoken english is worse than my written english

Comment

I was watching an interview an interview on Gamespot, and it was a stage demo with Jeff Morris, and he said they are going to have split screen for sure, but haven't finalized the number. I found it in the big stack of E3 interviews on Gamespot.

Comment

Originally posted by aaquib View Post
                              I was watching an interview an interview on Gamespot, and it was a stage demo with Jeff Morris, and he said they are going to have split screen for sure, but haven't finalized the number. I found it in the big stack of E3 interviews on Gamespot.
                              Thanks. I'll check it out.

I'm still playing Resistance heavily, and WarHawk is coming. But I think UT3 could be a killer party game if it does 4-player split screen. Resistance is starting to get old for me, and WarHawk needs more than 4-players to shine. I'm going to buy UT3 either way because the package is already too good, but 4-player splitscreen is an important feature.

I think a lot of developers are neglecting local MP in favor of online, and that's a mistake at this relatively early stage in next-gen life. If a game is online-only, you can only play with people who already ponied up for next-gen hardware. Local multiplayer is one big way to get new people to buy hardware. Pretty much all my friends bought Xboxes after me purely because of 4-player Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by theBishop View Post
                                Thanks. I'll check it out.

I'm still playing Resistance heavily, and WarHawk is coming. But I think UT3 could be a killer party game if it does 4-player split screen. Resistance is starting to get old for me, and WarHawk needs more than 4-players to shine. I'm going to buy UT3 either way because the package is already too good, but 4-player splitscreen is an important feature.

I think a lot of developers are neglecting local MP in favor of online, and that's a mistake at this relatively early stage in next-gen life. If a game is online-only, you can only play with people who already ponied up for next-gen hardware. Local multiplayer is one big way to get new people to buy hardware. Pretty much all my friends bought Xboxes after me purely because of 4-player Halo.
                                Im buying Warhawk on launch day, as well. It should last me till UT3, plus it comes with a headset!

Oh yeah, here's the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928371...t-3-stage-demo

Comment

Working...
                                X