Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splitscreen?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Splitscreen?

    hey guys ive never played an Unreal game, but im a Gears fan, so i decided to check out this series. It looks pretty cool, and i was wondering if it would have splitscreen and system link for Xbox 360. i usually host alot of LAN parties, and this game would be an awesome addition for them. Thnx!

    #2
    anyone? c'mon guys...im lonely....*sobs* jk, but seriously, can ya help me and confirm this or not?

    Comment


      #3
      It's on the 360 but split screen has not been mentioned in short no info on that actually. Sorry.

      Comment


        #4
        I think PC games should be split screen too. That way, we can see what the others on our team, and the enemy, are doing. What do you think guys?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by The5thviruz View Post
          I think PC games should be split screen too. That way, we can see what the others on our team, and the enemy, are doing. What do you think guys?
          Thats a terrible idea

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Kronos View Post
            Thats a terrible idea
            Isn't that the point of this forum?

            Comment


              #7
              epicplzfix

              Do it early, don't wait for release, do it now: split the godamn UT3 forums into PC and console sections.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by =XM= View Post
                epicplzfix

                Do it early, don't wait for release, do it now: split the godamn UT3 forums into PC and console sections.
                i agree, that would make things much more organized. And btw guys, thnx for the info (or lack of lol) on the splitscreen. As far as PC split, do you mean like 4 guys on one KB&M, or just the ability to see what your teammates are seeing in the corner like in Ghost Recon?

                Comment


                  #9
                  DeadPool,

                  Pay them no mind - some folks just HATE consoles.

                  Since both UC and UC2 offered horizontal split screen much like Gears it is more than likely UT3 will as well for the 360. I don't know about the PS.

                  THIS IS NOT confirmation, just the likely outcome.

                  BTW, the PC split screen as a bad attempt at humor. Since a PC can not segrate one KBM input from another there will never be PC splitscreen gaming unless the OS supports it first.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'm sure UT3 will offer a splitscreen option on consoles. The single player game will be co-op playable so I'd be highly surprised if splitscreen as well as system link didn't make it in. That'd be a serious error...and Epic isn't really known for making serious errors...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by DeadPool View Post
                      hey guys ive never played an Unreal game, but im a Gears fan, so i decided to check out this series. It looks pretty cool, and i was wondering if it would have splitscreen and system link for Xbox 360. i usually host alot of LAN parties, and this game would be an awesome addition for them. Thnx!
                      If you have a PC, you need to fire up UT2004 and/or UT99 and check them out. UT99 was really one of those benchmark games that changed the direction of a lot of things in the gaming world. You'd be doing yourself a serious disservice if you didn't try out something from the previous Unreal series. Old graphics and all, UT99 is still an absolute blast to play.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        BTW, ... Since a PC can not segrate one KBM input from another there will never be PC splitscreen gaming unless the OS supports it first.
                        Thats why the internet was invented so we all didnt have to run split screen pc games. That and easy access to ****.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
                          If you have a PC, you need to fire up UT2004 and/or UT99 and check them out. UT99 was really one of those benchmark games that changed the direction of a lot of things in the gaming world. You'd be doing yourself a serious disservice if you didn't try out something from the previous Unreal series. Old graphics and all, UT99 is still an absolute blast to play.
                          yea, im eyeing this $20 Unreal Anthology I saw @ Gamestop, it's got both games u described, and the original Unreal i think. Looks sick, i really wanna get into this series, i was a huge Gears fan.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Yeah. It's got Unreal, The Na Pali expansion, UT, U2, and UT2004. It's definitely worth the $20

                            Comment


                              #15
                              No one take this the wrong way, but it should have 4p split-screen for 360. I'm honestly getting a little ticked off that there are very little amounts of 1 console multiplayer games let alone 4p (or at least that I've seen), and UT is perfect for the job, I worked and payed for all 4 of my wireless controllers and it'd be nice to use them all. Everything is sytemlink now, I LIVE IN SMALL TOWN ILLINOIS, about 10-12 other high-schoolers have 360's and it's a pain. (no i don't have broadband, i use a friend(s)).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X