Mike Capps Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Very nice find...i love that he stated he wants to give that feeling as they did in unreal tournament 99...i still play that game to this day hehe...keep it up epic !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bctrainers View Post
    Might being the keyword now, never know until they say so in a press release or so. IMO, i sure hope that isn't the case.
    Well he qualified it based on how well the game was rated. If it is unpopular they might not make another.

Personally I doubt we'll see another Quake, based on the low popularity of Quake 4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    YES! He was swearing!

It's funny that he wanted to say ut2007 and then corrected himself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xenocide View Post
    he said this might be the last UT
    Might being the keyword now, never know until they say so in a press release or so. IMO, i sure hope that isn't the case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had a laugh at his description of the weapons:

a rocket launcher (alt-fire would unleash a set of three rockets all at once), a shotgun (alt-firing grenades), the classic railgun (alt-firing electro orbs of some kind), a chain gun (alt-firing bulkier slugs) and an acid blaster similar to the Acid Bomb Glove from Ratchet & Clank (alt-firing a big glob of acid that splatters smaller blobs on contact).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iron12 View Post
    I like his answer about how important this release is to Epic. And it wasn’t just numbers and sales with him but have UT3 make an impact on the gaming community the why UT99 did way back when. Lofty goal.
    But a good one. For just about anyone who was an addict back in the UT99 days, UT2003/2004 was a big let down in terms of gameplay.

I think it's absolutely PARAMOUNT that they re-capture the essence of what drew people in to the original UT. Heck, there are almost as many UT99 servers running now as there are UT2004 servers... It just goes to show that the demand for a great game doesn't go anywhere fast...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
    He said "Unreal Tournament 99"! Twice!

w00t thats my game!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just LOVE interviews.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
    Though, I'm seriously confused on one issue raised in there. Cross-platform and optimizing maps for consoles. Does this mean that there will be two types of maps (one for PC, and one for Console ala Quake 3 PC vs. DC)?
    I think it mean that cross platform will never happen. Consoles can't handle PC maps and got slower movement + bigger hitboxes. Can't se how they can interact in a sensible way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
    I dont usually watch interviews, but since this one was community-based, I took a look.

Though, I'm seriously confused on one issue raised in there. Cross-platform and optimizing maps for consoles. Does this mean that there will be two types of maps (one for PC, and one for Console ala Quake 3 PC vs. DC)?

I'm guessing it's a sort of thing.

From what I understand you have to optimze console playable maps to fit the RAM restricitons (more so for 360 then PS3 because MS won't allow requirement of the HD for virtual RAM), so they would be playable on the PC, but not every PC map will fit on the consoles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont usually watch interviews, but since this one was community-based, I took a look.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    he said this might be the last UT

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like his answer about how important this release is to Epic. And it wasn’t just numbers and sales with him but have UT3 make an impact on the gaming community the why UT99 did way back when. Lofty goal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Better not be any contract BS this time or else sombody blood would stain my butter knife .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great info. It's nice to get some serious, to the point answers to questions that a lot of people are asking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X