No announcement yet.

Mike Capps Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2 cannot be called simple either. It needs practice and one year ain't less. Anyone can master a game in one year. BTW it is very important to get good Instant action apart from SP which should also be good cause once a person finishes SP it's not that interesting to play SP again and again. IA(Instant Action) Is what keeps people busy, interested and makes them keep playing. It's not like HL2 where once you finish it you have to buy another game cause nobody is going to play it again, know what i mean? And apart from that are we going to have"wall-double-dodge-jump". And Mike mentioned aiming at a date. SO what is the date they are aiming at?

Comment

nice find, good set of questions (and answers) thanks Mike & Epic - thats more of the kinda info we like ta see around here!

Comment

Yeah one interesting factoid I was not aware of. UT99 was delayed because of some contract BS, so that allowed for 6 more months of polish.

Comment

Great info. It's nice to get some serious, to the point answers to questions that a lot of people are asking.

Comment

Better not be any contract BS this time or else sombody blood would stain my butter knife .

Comment

I like his answer about how important this release is to Epic. And it wasn’t just numbers and sales with him but have UT3 make an impact on the gaming community the why UT99 did way back when. Lofty goal.

Comment

he said this might be the last UT

Comment

I dont usually watch interviews, but since this one was community-based, I took a look.

Though, I'm seriously confused on one issue raised in there. Cross-platform and optimizing maps for consoles. Does this mean that there will be two types of maps (one for PC, and one for Console ala Quake 3 PC vs. DC)?

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
                    I dont usually watch interviews, but since this one was community-based, I took a look.

Though, I'm seriously confused on one issue raised in there. Cross-platform and optimizing maps for consoles. Does this mean that there will be two types of maps (one for PC, and one for Console ala Quake 3 PC vs. DC)?

I'm guessing it's a sort of thing.

From what I understand you have to optimze console playable maps to fit the RAM restricitons (more so for 360 then PS3 because MS won't allow requirement of the HD for virtual RAM), so they would be playable on the PC, but not every PC map will fit on the consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
                      I think it mean that cross platform will never happen. Consoles can't handle PC maps and got slower movement + bigger hitboxes. Can't se how they can interact in a sensible way.

Comment

I just LOVE interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
                          He said "Unreal Tournament 99"! Twice!

w00t thats my game!

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                            I like his answer about how important this release is to Epic. And it wasn’t just numbers and sales with him but have UT3 make an impact on the gaming community the why UT99 did way back when. Lofty goal.
                            But a good one. For just about anyone who was an addict back in the UT99 days, UT2003/2004 was a big let down in terms of gameplay.

I think it's absolutely PARAMOUNT that they re-capture the essence of what drew people in to the original UT. Heck, there are almost as many UT99 servers running now as there are UT2004 servers... It just goes to show that the demand for a great game doesn't go anywhere fast...

Comment

I had a laugh at his description of the weapons:

a rocket launcher (alt-fire would unleash a set of three rockets all at once), a shotgun (alt-firing grenades), the classic railgun (alt-firing electro orbs of some kind), a chain gun (alt-firing bulkier slugs) and an acid blaster similar to the Acid Bomb Glove from Ratchet & Clank (alt-firing a big glob of acid that splatters smaller blobs on contact).

Comment

Originally posted by Xenocide View Post
                                he said this might be the last UT
                                Might being the keyword now, never know until they say so in a press release or so. IMO, i sure hope that isn't the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X