This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWD View Post
    Even on novice difficulty though they should try to do more than just run into you... He has a very good point. They literally just follow him around the map. When he turns around there they are in his face every time. It reminds me of the AI in the original DOOM.
    Very true... These are the advanced bots we've been hearing about??

They seem awefully single minded.

When I'm going after someone with the flag, I'll be shooting as I'm running up to them, but at some point I'm going to stop, back up, move the left or right or dodge or something... I'm not going to just keep coming at him until I'm close enough for a kiss!

The bots play like they've got no sense of danger... A real human being isn't going to get that close because they know that they'll have no time to react to offensive action against them.

These bots are D U M.

Comment

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
      Very true... These are the advanced bots we've been hearing about??

They seem awefully single minded.

When I'm going after someone with the flag, I'll be shooting as I'm running up to them, but at some point I'm going to stop, back up, move the left or right or dodge or something... I'm not going to just keep coming at him until I'm close enough for a kiss!

The bots play like they've got no sense of danger... A real human being isn't going to get that close because they know that they'll have no time to react to offensive action against them.

These bots are D U M.
      You think they're stupid because they're not being cautious - but maby they're actually so intelligent they realise this guy can't hit the side of a barn. So, why not just go right up to him and give him some flak love?

F'course if they were even more intelligent they'd realise he wasnt dying after 20 rockets and give up.

Comment

http://www.dailymotion.com/cluster/v...ment-3-sur-ps3

Such a shame, i was so looking forward to UT3, all the other clips looked amazing and now its been dumbed down.

PLEASE tell me your not going to change the PC version and make it like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Shagwell View Post
          http://www.dailymotion.com/cluster/v...ment-3-sur-ps3

Such a shame, i was so looking forward to UT3, all the other clips looked amazing and now its been dumbed down.

PLEASE tell me your not going to change the PC version and make it like this.
          Don't worry, yet. If you put the right person infront of ut2k4 and set the bots to novice you can get the same effect - even without a ps3-controller

Comment

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
            Very true... These are the advanced bots we've been hearing about?? They seem awefully single minded.
            For the love of ...

These are novice bots, people!

Comment

Working...
            X