No announcement yet.

Headshot in UT3 while crouched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm positive that the code in both UT and 2K4 allowed for headshots while crouching. And that's the way it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by KronDog View Post
      No headshots while crouched please. WHen a player is crouched they are already a simple traget because of decreased movement speed.

Keep this the same!
      That's the risk you take if you crouch. If you crouch long enough to be head-shot easlily than that's your own fault. There's no reason head-shots should not be possible while crouching, unless you had the helmet.

Originally posted by TWD View Post
      Does it really matter? I mean seriously, who uses the crouch button?? Yeah that's right bots...
      I use it if I need to peek over ledges real quick. But yeah, otherwise, you have to keep moving or you're dead.

Comment

Exactly... this is 'Unreal'!
        Unreal != silly

Comment

It's unreal tournament not unrealistic tournament. Your head should never be safe!

Anyhow im sure you could get crouching headshots on 2004 - on bots at least.

Comment

Exactly... this is 'Unreal'! If you want realism then play CS or something like it.
            Stop using this as an argument. It makes you look stupid and rediculous. What if I said all players should look like chickens instead of humans, because it's more 'Unreal'?

There should be NO headshots while crouching! This hasn't changed before so I hope it doesn't now.
            Imo it should. Crouching makes your hitbox twice as small, removing the head hitbox as well is too much.

Comment

Well I dont know about the headhots while crouching, but clearly they must somehow limited. The sniper rifle in UT99 is completely unbalaced, (1) because of the rate of fire and (2) because of its abillity to pull off heads. In UT200x hs depends too much on luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
                I think that's actually a bug - we might have forgotten to account for the crouching animation in the dedicated server code, which would cause the head sphere to be outside the collision cylinder.
                So, considering Epic taking their time to get this game to perfection, crouching campers will be head shotted from now on. Discussion over, close thread. ^^

Comment

Working...
                X