Headshot in UT3 while crouched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headshot in UT3 while crouched

It was a thought of mine and i was wondering if it had been announced ofiicialy by anyone, but are they going to allow headshots while people are crouched on this UT unlike the others, i dont know if it would be good to keep it traditional or to mix it up with that, thoughts?

It's very stupid to not be able to headshot someone just because they are crouching.

Comment

Yeah .

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz View Post
        It's very stupid to not be able to headshot someone just because they are crouching.
        QFT.
        Though it will probably end up being slightly harder

Comment

I'm all for the game being a bit harder, but let's not toss reality completely out of the window.

Comment

Headshot crouched or not should not be different at all, except that you need to obviously aim lower since the head is lower.

All I personaly want is that everytime the shot actually hit the head, a head shot is done. The hitbox is so weird when crouched a headshot is almost impossible.

In Unreal 1 and UT, the engine did not allow crouching at all : yes you could crouch and you looked crouched, but your hotbox seemed to stay the same. That was from experience (you can't crouch and get under object you "should" be able to when crouched) in UT, but it could be wrong.

In ut2004, its a hitbox problem.

Since UT3 will run on a completely new engine, I expect (and hope) that such a problem will not occur.

Comment

Well, if the helmet armour is in the game... then deliberately making it so you can't be headshot while crouched is not worth it. I assume that it was an abberation, as mentioned earlier.

Comment

No headshots while crouched please. WHen a player is crouched they are already a simple traget because of decreased movement speed.

Keep this the same!

Comment

Originally posted by KronDog View Post
                  No headshots while crouched please. WHen a player is crouched they are already a simple traget because of decreased movement speed.

Keep this the same!
                  While this is true with the slower movement, there should be an option in server hosting to allow of disallow of it.

Comment

Ofcourse you should be able to headshot someone while he is crouched.

Comment

I think that's actually a bug - we might have forgotten to account for the crouching animation in the dedicated server code, which would cause the head sphere to be outside the collision cylinder.

Comment

Does it really matter? I mean seriously, who uses the crouch button?? Yeah that's right bots...

Comment

Keep this the same!
                          I agree, crouching does slow your movement ALOT...and it would be none unreal-like to get rid of the headshots only when your standing up.I know its more realistic but what happend to the days where games were fantasy and not realistic :P

Comment

WHen a player is crouched they are already a simple traget because of decreased movement speed.
                            Exactly, and that's the way it should be, including headshots.

Comment

Originally posted by gs51 View Post
                              I agree, crouching does slow your movement ALOT...and it would be none unreal-like to get rid of the headshots only when your standing up.I know its more realistic but what happend to the days where games were fantasy and not realistic :P
                              Exactly... this is 'Unreal'! If you want realism then play CS or something like it. There should be NO headshots while crouching! This hasn't changed before so I hope it doesn't now.

Comment

Working...
                              X