New to the UT3 Forums, Need Some Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the UT3 Forums, Need Some Guidance

Yesterday I was playing GoW and got really burnt out. So I plugged my PC back in that has been sitting on the floor for almost 2 years unused and turned it on to find what? You guessed it, UT2k4. So I booted it up and started playing. I forgot how much freakin' FUN that game was.

As such, my excitement level for UT3 is now higher than it ever has been. But I have some questions and I don't want to have to search the forums forever to get them all answered. If someone could help me out, here is what I'm wondering:

1) Has there been any rumor of a release timeframe (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4)?
    2) Is the PC version only going to run on Vista (DX10) or will it run on XP as well?
    3) Will it take advantage of any unique DX10 features?
    4) How many different gametypes are we looking at?
    5) Is the single player version going to be similar to UT2k4 (bots pretty much)?
    6) Have their been any talks about the netcode?
    7) Will this game support Vista Live (so PC users can play against console users)?
    8) How many players can the game support in an online match?
    9) What level of customization (modulators) can we expect to see?
    10) Will an SDK be released for the PC version?
    11) How freakin' badass is this game going to be :-)

Thanks all!

ONE MORE QUESTION

12) Will the PC version support the "physics" cards now available to PCs?

1) No date, but my quess is Q3...Q4
    2) It's NOT Vista only (however it will be supported)
    3) All I know later there will be DX10 patch for UT3.
    4) DM, TDM, CTF, WAR (Survival maybe)
    5) SP has it's own story now, included 4 player coop support.
    6) ...
    7) ...
    8) AFIK 32 (might be 64) It's not confirmed yet.
    9) ...
    10) ...
    11) YOU BARELY CAN HANDLE THAT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raynor View Post
      1) No date, but my quess is Q3...Q4
      2) It's NOT Vista only (however it will be supported)
      3) All I know later there will be DX10 patch for UT3.
      4) DM, TDM, CTF, WAR (Survival maybe)
      5) SP has it's own story now, included 4 player coop support.
      6) ...
      7) ...
      8) AFIK 32 (might be 64) It's not confirmed yet.
      9) ...
      10) ...
      11) YOU BARELY CAN HANDLE THAT!!
      Thanks Raynor! Anyone got the missing pieces to the puzzle?

Comment

There is no release date.

It will run on XP or Vista.

It will take advantage of some DX10 features on Vista, iirc.

DM, Warfare, CTF... and all their various incarnations.

They're incorporating a more dynamic single-player game, but nothing on par with GoW.

Lots of talk. No information.

Nothing definitive regarding cross-platform play; lots of arguing here though.

Max players online? I don't know.

No discussion of available Mutators just yet.

SDK ?

It'll be cool.

The Physics cards are for eye-candy only... so better sparks 'n stuff. It won't make the game run faster or better.

Comment

1) Offical release date is "when its done" but rumors are that they release ut3 at fall 2007.
          2)I runs well on both windows.
          3)I think so but i dont know wich ones.
          4) Confirmed are TDM ,DM ,Survival,Warfare ,CTF, not know Onslaught , vechiel maps on diffirent gametypes such VCTF, VTDM.
          5)No there is storyline camapign. Bots are a lot more smarter and have personality.You can commincate with bots via microphone. I think there are no longer voicemenu.
          6)Dont know.
          7) Not published yet.
          8)Rumors are that 1 warfare map support about 64 players.
          9)Dont know.But i think its limitless.
          10)-
          11) As badasss as it can be.
          12) Yea think geforce 8800 supports it and most other cards to.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Also, how will the health system work?

Comment

Health system?
              Ummm, you get hit by a weapon, each bullet/projectile does a certain amount of damage, which is deducted from health
              When it reaches 0, you are dead.
              Answer your question?

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                SDK ?
                SDK = Map editor

Originally posted by Eshelon View Post
                Yes

Comment

i doubt there will be cross platform at least between pc and consoles. in one of the gameplay videos from ps3 UT3 the movement seemed a bit slower, this would imply that the console versions are a little slower because its harder to aim.
                  also knowing microsoft and sony if there was cross platform play then they wouldn't shut up about it.
                  Rein has however that said they are looking into ways to bring pc comminity made content to the consoles.

Comment

oh and UT3 will utterly stomp *** regardless of platform.

Comment

UnrealEd has been included with every Unreal game since Unreal 1, so I would assume yes. You can currently get the UE3 UnrealEd (4.0) with the budget title Roboblitz, if you can't wait to see the nifty new features in UnrealEd 4. Granted it's an older build of the engine with some features done specifically for Roboblitz, but the graphical stuff and the editor interface is presumably pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by cdstacker View Post
                        i doubt there will be cross platform at least between pc and consoles. in one of the gameplay videos from ps3 UT3 the movement seemed a bit slower, this would imply that the console versions are a little slower because its harder to aim.
                        also knowing microsoft and sony if there was cross platform play then they wouldn't shut up about it.
                        Rein has however that said they are looking into ways to bring pc comminity made content to the consoles.
                        I certainly hope they make cross-platform support, as it would create a massive community that would probably dwarf UT99 in it's heyday. I think maybe the reason the ps3 demo looked slower was the guys' movement skills. The only issue here would be controller vs mouse & kb, although I think we know which one has an advantage. (Flame bait acknowledged...)

Comment

welcome to the ut forums

Comment

An Unreal Tournament game without an SDK is like a stripper with clothes on - pointless!

Comment

Originally posted by Eshelon View Post
                              Yesterday I was playing GoW and got really burnt out. So I plugged my PC back in that has been sitting on the floor for almost 2 years unused and turned it on to find what? You guessed it, UT2k4. So I booted it up and started playing. I forgot how much freakin' FUN that game was.

As such, my excitement level for UT3 is now higher than it ever has been. But I have some questions and I don't want to have to search the forums forever to get them all answered. If someone could help me out, here is what I'm wondering:

1) Has there been any rumor of a release timeframe (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4)?
                              2) Is the PC version only going to run on Vista (DX10) or will it run on XP as well?
                              3) Will it take advantage of any unique DX10 features?
                              4) How many different gametypes are we looking at?
                              5) Is the single player version going to be similar to UT2k4 (bots pretty much)?
                              6) Have their been any talks about the netcode?
                              7) Will this game support Vista Live (so PC users can play against console users)?
                              8) How many players can the game support in an online match?
                              9) What level of customization (modulators) can we expect to see?
                              11) How freakin' badass is this game going to be :-)

Thanks all!

ONE MORE QUESTION

12) Will the PC version support the "physics" cards now available to PCs?
                              these are the answers to what i DO know

1) about 2nd half of 2k7, could be as late as December, early as July-August.

4) so far about only 4: CTF, DM, TDM, and Unreal Warfare, which is a combo of assault and onslaught. I wanna see the old gametypes like Bomb ball and Mutant personally, they look sick.

5) I think this time around UT3 is actually gonna have (dare i say it!?)
                              a PLOT! but im thinking gameplay will be the same, just a story to move things along.

7), pretty sure yea, that would totally own, i dont see why not. But there's always the possibilty of no, so dont get ur hopes up on it. Im a 360 gamer, and i dont mind the game being a bit slower, cuz the people i fight (IE, other consoles) will be slow as well, so it's even.

8) I would say at least 16 if Epic wanted to make a frag fest game like UT to be good, but maybe more. Ive seen the size of the vehicles, like the Wlaker and Leviathan, and would love to see like 3 of those things on the field w/ plenty of infantry still around.

11) Hopefully an unprecedented amount. Im hoping for some unlockable GoW skins for the players

Comment

Working...
                              X