UT3 to support keyboard/mouse on ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    are they ever going to make a VGA wire for the ps3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wait, I'm confused. Is the motion sensing going to be used just for vehicles, or on-foot combat too? For vehicles, that's okay, but trying to aim with motion sensing would be horrible in deathmatch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by McFly2000 View Post
    What's the latest on cross-platform?
    Last thing I heard, PS3 players and pc players will not be playing each other on the same servers.

What's the latest?
    The latest is IF it happens, and it still vould very well not happen, it'll be PS3 vs PC OR 360 vs PC due to restricitons in place in regards to Live

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What's the latest on cross-platform?
    Last thing I heard, PS3 players and pc players will not be playing each other on the same servers.

What's the latest?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EyeOfTheJackal View Post
    Actually, I disagree totally. M/K is more accurate - lets you pull off more headshots - but controllers are better fo movement, and MUCh better for vehicles. Besides, if there is keyboard support for PS3 then there will be almost no difference between PS3 and PC when playing UT3
    Eh, for fast-paced FPSs like UT3, the KB/M will still be better for movement since movement is a lot faster with keypresses rather than moving a stick with relatively longer distances. Controllers are better for vehicles in terms of movement but I didn't mind using the KB/M for vehicles in UT2k4 at all especially since you could look around and drive in any direction with the mouse.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One problem with k/m for consoles: where are you suppose to put them? On your lap?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Eshelon View Post
    Hmm. I dunno. Who cares about vehicles when you're playing an FPS.
    Halo fans

Onslaught players

Battlefield Players

CliffyB

Care I go on?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm. I dunno. Who cares about vehicles when you're playing an FPS.

This only disturbs me because MS is going to get left behind if they don't support M&K.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually, I disagree totally. M/K is more accurate - lets you pull off more headshots - but controllers are better fo movement, and MUCh better for vehicles. Besides, if there is keyboard support for PS3 then there will be almost no difference between PS3 and PC when playing UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    #care. FPS on consoles suck. Go buy a pc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool enough, but it's not going to make a difference... They're still toast... Using the 6axis idea is fine I guess, but it's going to cause gross over compensation when they player realizes they don't have their controller perfectly parallel with the floor and therefore pass their reticle right over their target.

There's no way this is going to work nearly as well as a M/K setup will.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UT3 to support keyboard/mouse on ps3

UT3 to support keyboard/mouse on ps3

Originally posted by GameSpy
    For those of you hardcore PC purists, mouse and keyboard controls will be available in the PS3 version through the USB ports on the front of the machine. In addition, the Sixaxis controller will get its usual nod and the motion sensor can be used to control where you look. The Sony rep apologized for it not being accessible on the demo I was playing, and he suggested that it was actually very accurate once you got the hang of it.
    Looks like console kiddies will keep up with pc'ers?

Using the SIXAXIS to control where you look? cool not cool?

discuss!
Working...
X