Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL FOR ::: Juggs, Nightmare, Hellions, Egyptians.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Lert View Post
    If you don't want to look at outlandish characters, then forcemodel. And if you want to have some diversity with what characters you see, and don't want to forcemodel, well, I'm sure there's someone out there who can code a mut that lets you select which models you would see and which ones you wouldn't.
    Now that's simplistic. I could probably write a mutator like that fairly quickly, but it won't get run on servers now will it? As a result that's a non-option. By including weird characters you force me to either look at those or look at only a single character.

I don't freaking CARE whether the skins are realistic or silly, whether they 'fit the universe' or not, whether they wear a bikini or a freaking tank. I want diversity in the game. And by wanting this, I am NOT limiting you or anyone else in their ability to play and enjoy the game.
    Again, that's too simple. You are limiting my options by including "wacky, off-the-wall" characters. What's diverse to you seems mostly the same to me. Take Quake3 for example; the characters in that game were completely unrelated and random, but as a result of that they were all the same to me: random. Basically in Q3 I had only two options to choose from. Either I was a regular looking human (plus the choice of male or female) or a wacky character. In UT I had a broad range of human yet quite distinct characters to choose from.
    To me, an alien with 4 arms and 6 eyes is more similar to an alien with 6 arms and 4 eyes than two humans with a different face or different clothing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    amm wheres choice keep em all so i cant vote cause the vote system was created by Jug, Egyptians, nightmare and so on hater.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For me it's all about CHOICE .. I want to have a wide range of CHOICES to pick my skin from, instead of subtle variations on a single generic soldier-ish character.
    Nothing wrong with a wide variety. But Clowns and half naked Egyptians is something you usually don't find when the Necris Armies attack*. And with a little luck this time the aliens don't wear miniskirts to show their metal legs.

*) At least I could imagine so, never got attacked by a Necris army in real life.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's simplistically put and harsh, Fueg .. Don't go comparing real life with in-game choice.

For me it's all about CHOICE .. I want to have a wide range of CHOICES to pick my skin from, instead of subtle variations on a single generic soldier-ish character.

If you want to see everyone as Gorge (or whatever other character you want to forcemodel) then go right ahead ! But don't deny the (very sizable) group of people who want to have their silly, wacky off-the-wall characters the option to use them or see them ! That's a bit like saying "Well, I don't like to look at red volkswagens so there shouldn't be any red volkswagens allowed all over the world, period."

If you don't want to look at outlandish characters, then forcemodel. And if you want to have some diversity with what characters you see, and don't want to forcemodel, well, I'm sure there's someone out there who can code a mut that lets you select which models you would see and which ones you wouldn't. Think about That for a moment before screaming from on high for Epic to limit another person's freedom of choice.

I don't freaking CARE whether the skins are realistic or silly, whether they 'fit the universe' or not, whether they wear a bikini or a freaking tank. I want diversity in the game. And by wanting this, I am NOT limiting you or anyone else in their ability to play and enjoy the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And that's exactly why I've always found the character selection possibilities in the original UT to be WAY below par.
    Yeah, no doubt there are others out there who like carnival, helloween and other occasions where they cann dress as clowns, monsters, ghosts and others. Some even want this in a Computergame.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    The most succesfull version of UT/UC doesn't have Egyptians, Juggernaughts or Punks. They all have the same style and you don't see a half naked egyptian princess fight a clown with a cylinder there, while a one legged alien in a green miniskirt sneaks up from behind.
    And that's exactly why I've always found the character selection possibilities in the original UT to be WAY below par.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Uh, too many choices...

I just don't want to see those egyptians and the hellions. I mean Egyptians holding LG's is just stupid. Plus the Egyptians are bland, they look to out of date and simple. The hellions are the complete opposite. They are too detailed... I like my UT skins inbetween, like the Jugs and Iron Guard.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good old Gorge (George?!). Too original to get rid of. Egyptians...no. Nailed to the wall...Aryss and Othello.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rsgs92 View Post
    Just a poll. Do reply to keep it alive.
    AH-Ah-AH-Ah-Stayin alive, stayin alive

I want the Egyptians (Nakhti) AND the Juggernauts to be in UT3. NOT all the same ones though. People need to frikkin DIE. I mean, comon, SOO many people stay alive in this ish. I grow weary of the Mortal-Kombat-like returns of so many people who lost in previous tournaments. Xan made total sense, because he's a robot and can be rebuilt faster...stronger...better , but a few Aryss and Othello-type characters should die already...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Won't you dislike it if i Make you look like a charecter in ut2004 (NOT coming in UT3) that is amborsia while you and me play online and you choose to look like xan lol. Won't you hate looking like her?
    Yeah I wouldn't care either. If you want to play as some clown in game, that's fine. I don't want to see it, and won't see you using it. You could force model to whatever you wanted...it wouldn't do anything to my force model character.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To Kaiser who said there was forcing included. Forcing in my opinion is a bad idea. Who wants to see every one as the same person and make everyone who wants to look differennt and cool look like waht you choose them to look like?? Won't you dislike it if i Make you look like a charecter in ut2004 (NOT coming in UT3) that is amborsia while you and me play online and you choose to look like xan lol. Won't you hate looking like her?
    If i forced gorge, it would only mean that gorge is the only skin i see and that i would be using the gorge skin. If someone wants to force it so that every skin they see is ambrosia thats fine with me. The purpose of forcing skins is to negate the advantage that players get by using skinny or dark skins.

edit: and who said there wasnt forcing included? It was included in ut04 and ut99 as far as i know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To cdstacker :touche, i can't argue with this. but still me personally, i'd prefer if they keep all of those odd teams and i don't see why they shouldn't include them just because some people don't like them, if you don't like the juggs or Mr Crow don't use them, but you shouldn't get ****** off if someone thinks they're cool.

Thats where IF AT ALL THEY COME one should have the remove race or remove charecter from random selection during instant games which i play the most.

To Kaiser who said there was forcing included. Forcing in my opinion is a bad idea. Who wants to see every one as the same person and make everyone who wants to look differennt and cool look like waht you choose them to look like?? Won't you dislike it if i Make you look like a charecter in ut2004 (NOT coming in UT3) that is amborsia while you and me play online and you choose to look like xan lol. Won't you hate looking like her?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dont care because im just going to force gorge

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally Posted by fuegerstef View Post
    The most succesfull version of UT/UC doesn't have Egyptians, Juggernaughts or Punks. They all have the same style and you don't see a half naked egyptian princess fight a clown with a cylinder there, while a one legged alien in a green miniskirt sneaks up from behind.

touche, i can't argue with this. but still me personally, i'd prefer if they keep all of those odd teams and i don't see why they shouldn't include them just because some people don't like them, if you don't like the juggs or Mr Crow don't use them, but you shouldn't get ****** off if someone thinks they're cool.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    feugerstef that was the most brilliant and funny and most correct thing said in this thread. Can this be my sig?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X