Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL FOR ::: Juggs, Nightmare, Hellions, Egyptians.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lert View Post
    For me it's all about CHOICE .. I want to have a wide range of CHOICES to pick my skin from, instead of subtle variations on a single generic soldier-ish character.
    Nothing wrong with a wide variety. But Clowns and half naked Egyptians is something you usually don't find when the Necris Armies attack*. And with a little luck this time the aliens don't wear miniskirts to show their metal legs.

*) At least I could imagine so, never got attacked by a Necris army in real life.

Comment

amm wheres choice keep em all so i cant vote cause the vote system was created by Jug, Egyptians, nightmare and so on hater.

Comment

If you don't want to look at outlandish characters, then forcemodel. And if you want to have some diversity with what characters you see, and don't want to forcemodel, well, I'm sure there's someone out there who can code a mut that lets you select which models you would see and which ones you wouldn't.
        Now that's simplistic. I could probably write a mutator like that fairly quickly, but it won't get run on servers now will it? As a result that's a non-option. By including weird characters you force me to either look at those or look at only a single character.

I don't freaking CARE whether the skins are realistic or silly, whether they 'fit the universe' or not, whether they wear a bikini or a freaking tank. I want diversity in the game. And by wanting this, I am NOT limiting you or anyone else in their ability to play and enjoy the game.
        Again, that's too simple. You are limiting my options by including "wacky, off-the-wall" characters. What's diverse to you seems mostly the same to me. Take Quake3 for example; the characters in that game were completely unrelated and random, but as a result of that they were all the same to me: random. Basically in Q3 I had only two options to choose from. Either I was a regular looking human (plus the choice of male or female) or a wacky character. In UT I had a broad range of human yet quite distinct characters to choose from.
        To me, an alien with 4 arms and 6 eyes is more similar to an alien with 6 arms and 4 eyes than two humans with a different face or different clothing.

Comment

Working...
        X