Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL FOR ::: Juggs, Nightmare, Hellions, Egyptians.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ophelia character was badass. I didn't really care for the rest of the hellions though.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRB View Post
      anyway, the skaarj looked like freakydeaky gorilla-goat-lizard people
      At least they have some cloth on them. =)

Comment

I don't think races should be kept or removed based on how well they fit in; I think they should be kept or removed depending on how cool they are. I mean, it's "unreal," right? so what does "fitting in" have to do with anything?

Personally, I think the Juggs just look stupid and should be removed, while the Egyptians should kept because they look **** slick and aren't something you see in every other game.

In short, include characters that are fun to play as; ones with neat little quirks that aren't your cookie-cutter "big dude with a gun."

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Guardian View Post
          Why it can't be selected more then one answer? I think both Egyptians and Juggs should stay, but new race "krall" get out. Epics are talking all the time about how realistic UT3 design is, so where that stupid monsters with giant teeth, long horns and naked body have come from? They look like lame versions of scaarj.
          Never played Unreal1, did you? Lame versions of skaarj is indeed how I would describe them in that game, but at least they're part of the franchise and (IMO most likely) a logical part of UT3's singleplayer story.
          Within the borders of the UT-world, replacing the egyptians with the Krall is actually indeed the most realistic (aka: the most believable) solution.

Originally posted by rsgs92 View Post
          Leave it.How many polygons are charecters gonna be anyway??
          According to Epic...one week's worth of modeling.

Comment

Meh. I've liked almost all of the characters so far. I hope they all come back really. Even the Egyptians in space thing makes sense. Ever hear of a little film turned DTV turned hit Syndicated Sci Fi show starring MacGuyver called STARGATE? Egyptorama there. And they make it believable enough to work with that show. I guess I never saw what the big deal was. They took all of the UT1 characters, then took some scifi influences for the newer "Teams".

Black Legion are based off of the countless "Experiment gone wrong now they must find themselves as they seek revenge" stories.

Juggernauts are straight out of Warhammer 40,000

Egyptians are a knee jerk Stargate influence

I'm sure you can find other influences.
            But the point is it's all Sci Fi based. I don't think that there are any characters that have gotten too "Out there" I mean people complain about Mr. Crow, but even there the worst I could see might be his GNR Slash hat.
            But even then it's made of SKIN! Seriously spectate a match of Crows, and zoom into that hat.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDeviot View Post
              Even the Egyptians in space thing makes sense. Ever hear of a little film turned DTV turned hit Syndicated Sci Fi show starring MacGuyver called STARGATE?
              It might make sense... ...but then... ...it doesn't make them GOOD.

Comment

last option ftw

Comment

Juggs with properly moving anatomy...

Comment

They aren't Egytptians, they're Nahkti.
                    The Egyptian theme has always been in UT, since DOM-Sesmar, and it gained a niche fanbase there which Epic expanded on with 2k3/4 and focused on in UC2.
                    The idea of Egyptians having had contact with aliens and such came from a misunderstanding of their techlogical sophistication which assumed the Egyptians would be incapable of building such amazing structures ont heir own. Stargate tapped into that idea, and went far beyond it with the series, but the idea was around long before that movie.
                    The Egytptian theme isn't just something Epic threw together for 2k3 after watching Stargate, it's a theme that's been in UT since the beginning (along with references to several other ancient civilizations, among them the Greeks, Aztecs, ancient Chinese, Tibetans, etc.)
                    Ultimately, when you look at the UT series as a whole, and all the influences that go into it, the Nahkti actually fit in quite well, and since they've been confirmed, I look forward to seeing their new look.

Comment

Well said

Im surprised no one brought up the skaarj have a striking resemblance to predators. You can see alot of scifi influence in UT but you cant really blame just UT as it shows through it almost every new scifi movie, TV series or game.

To me they could have picked alot worse scifi to get influences from, not that it matters a great deal now as it seems epic have their art pipeline nailed. The Necris are like aliens in alittle way, along with war of the worlds or the matrix but the art style goes beyond that to create something more unique and epic flavoured. Im glad the krall recieved the same treatment as the necris, egyptians (nakhti UC2) and juggs (UC2).

Im hoping the robots will be alittle better this time around (UT1), I like most of the cybernetics but those robots always seemed very top end heavy even when compared to the juggs (yet no one complains :S). Sure it doesnt have to be "real" but believable is a good thing, I like alittle edginess in my scifi.

I mean really how can you go past a dude wearing an exoskeleton, thats right "wearing" not driving like we have come to commonly expect. I mean Epic have the whole mecha thing well covered with the vehicles and turrets I rekon!!

Edit:

Infact the UT2k3 gorge even looks like he's wearing some sort of restraining harness that could be clipped down over his shoulders and stop him from moving at all. Perhaps since DM is legal treating prisoners like slaves wouldnt be a stretch at all. Then again you just never know

Comment

Actaully If juggs come back with no female juggs and they are properly modeled then they just might be GREAT. Egyptians NO. Why don't you have red indians then?? Punky guys amongst all armored guys is useless as all their eforts of making cool big charecter would be a waste. The hellions ran around in casual clothes ans had a try to be cool look. I don't know how they came in??

Comment

Actually I think one of those punk guys was an indian :S

Comment

Really. I never saw any red indians. simply asking do you really like the egyptians and the hellions???

Comment

I like nakhti and juggs, not egyptians and hellions hehe

Comment

Originally posted by rsgs92 View Post
                                Actaully If juggs come back with no female juggs and they are properly modeled then they just might be GREAT. Egyptians NO. Why don't you have red indians then?? Punky guys amongst all armored guys is useless as all their eforts of making cool big charecter would be a waste. The hellions ran around in casual clothes ans had a try to be cool look. I don't know how they came in??
                                People bright up the Skaarj/Pred thing a long time ago. There's a Predator skin for the Hybrid in UT that's actually pretty good.

Seeing as though Gorge is wearing all that armor, and still goes down just as easily as anyone else, I get the impression that the weapons are powerful enough that armor really doeasn't matter in the long run. Besides, street thugs fit in in Ut, perfectly, too, so... IIRC, there was a team in UT where they didn't even wear shirts at all. Then there's Aphex, wearing a leather swim-suit and shoulder pads, or Blood Reavers, wearing mostly cloth with a little chest plate and some boots. The Hybrids, Nali and Cows never had much armor. I don't see the problem...

Comment

Working...
                                X