Switch off race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch off race!

My proposal is that can one swith of certain races so that the charecters from that race do not come in the random charecters that are chosen during Instant action. For example in ut2 i wanted to swith off the punky guys(forgotten name), the nightmare and the egytins. First of i hope the bad charecters mentioned in earlier forums do not come back. Even if i find a chrecter not that good or have a personal dislike(Killed me too many times) Should we have a switch off button?
    Just give yes or no.

There should be force models.

Comment

Force models?

Comment

You can force a model in UT2k4, say Gorge so all you see is him. By doing that you also apear as Gorge to everyone else.

Comment

I've read your OP three times and don't think I know what you're asking. What you're talking about seems more like something about the SP game. I honestly never cared much about the bots. They were all pretty dumb in the grand scheme of things. Not sure what you're asking to switch off there.

However, I do know what flootsKy's talking about. Force models is a setting in your INI file that allows you to dictate what model everyone will use. Personally, I set everyone to use Brock's model. Couple reasons for doing that. Detailed How To Here

First, it saves memory. Fewer models to load means more memory for other things. Second, it means that you can choose a model that is well lit and colored. Avoids the trouble of models that blend into the background or shadows. And third, it means I don't have to look at Matrix or Gorge if I don't want to.

Comment

Well if I understand your post correctly, I say yes. There are certain character models I can’t stand to look at. If there was a check box that you can switch so in instant action you would never have to see those models in the game that would be just fine with me.

Oh and if you could switch whole races even better. Good bye….. Robots, those bug looking things, Egyptians, Freaky clowns and last but not least some god awful character that came in with some map that I downloaded. That would be a very good option.

Comment

Originally posted by flootsKy View Post
              There should be force models.
              And waste all that time and hard work epic put into making thing game, no thanks! Same goes for the OP as well, if you dont like 1 part of a massive game I think you'll just have to put up with it. Im sure you'll get over it!

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                And waste all that time and hard work epic put into making thing game, no thanks!
                Yeah...somehow I don't think Epic are going to lose any sleep over it.

Comment

I proposed this in another thread... someone was saying they hate these models, and those skins, etc.

All you need is a check-box for all the models. Checked by default, you can uncheck all the models you don't want to see, and they will be replaced by one of the checked models (or perhaps you can choose and alternate for each).

Everyone is happy, save all the lil' chumps with their stupid ugly OOC third party models... but I don't give a darn about them.

Comment

I'd like this idea. Though it looks like UT3 won't have a bumper-crop of **** models and embarrassingly stupid characters, the option to disable the few I might dislike would be welcome.

From the look of the screenies, and the few comments the Epic staff has made, it seems like they're disavowing the WWF influence of 2k3 and going back to their roots, so hopefully this won't be an issue. After all, there wasn't any stock model from UT99 that I just couldn't stand, so clearly Epic can get the job done right, when they choose to.

Comment

Yeah but it still would be a good option to have. And if you download a lot of maps and map-packs and mods then before you know it you have a bunch of ugly characters running around in your game. With this option, no problem. Click ugly characters gone.

Comment

It also allows people to block any skins that they might interpret as being a cheat...

... I remember people *****ing me out for playing with Matrix online... I was a little confused with that one...

It'd be better than brightskins, anyday.

Originally posted by rsgs92 View Post
                        Force models?
                        Does what, specifically? I don't recall.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                          ...And if you download a lot of maps and map-packs and mods then before you know it you have a bunch of ugly characters running around in your game. With this option, no problem. Click ugly characters gone.
                          I couldn't agree more. After I downloaded the Halo mod, I made a note to myself to remove the character models, and it was a pain in the ***, so I deleted the entire mod. Same with Chaos. I just can't stand most custom modeling work, and I can't see that changing with UT3. This would allow us to keep the mods, and modelers (professional and otherwise) would really have to step up for people to not turn off their work.

Comment

I dunno I guess I just dont like the idea of clientside options such as this, sure it can be handy for people who might not like certain models but really offline thats whats the bot roster is for. Online we'll I would prefer a server force to default models myself so everyone can see the same thing!

Comment

I don't think I understand. This is forcing default models, but allowing each person to select which of the default models should be used. Why would seeing the same thing be important, other than aesthetics?

EDIT:

I dislike having more than one of the same skin/model in the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X