X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Screen dottage

Originally posted by Guru7892 View Post
    It really does take more skill to play without a crosshair and you start aiming more based on where the weapon fire is landing and not where the crosshairs are.

ok, I know I'm going to sound lazy, but I don't want to try to learn all that junk. I'd rather make custom crosshairs with the names of the weapons put at the bottom.

but then I would need the crosshairs on for that and I couldn't shut them off...
    You could do the no crosshair thing, if you put a physical dot on the center of the screen, like some of my former clan mates had done. No weapons was all about gaining an advantage, not because it let you see more, but because it let you get more frags (from a performance point of view). The guys who did seemed to pwn when it didn't seem like they should. Just more game setting tweaks unleveling the playing field.

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    I'm not going to take u seriously on this...
    Having no xhair would make the game more about luck then about aiming.
    It really does take more skill to play without a crosshair and you start aiming more based on where the weapon fire is landing and not where the crosshairs are.

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
    There are lots of things you can tell from which weapon you have with the weapon off the screen.

#1 Crosshair color & shape.
    #2 Weapon name (which happens to be the color of the weapon).
    #3 Weapon bar down below displays which weapon you currently have.
    #4 Weapon sound effect of it being pulled out.
    ok, I know I'm going to sound lazy, but I don't want to try to learn all that junk. I'd rather make custom crosshairs with the names of the weapons put at the bottom.

but then I would need the crosshairs on for that and I couldn't shut them off...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by intentsly View Post
    I think'd be kewl if you have a weapon in one hand and different one in another, which could allow you to instantly alternate shots fired! rocket/link rocket/flak shock/grenades hee heee
    -
    Prolly'd have to be a different firing mode altogether. Oh well, it'd be interesting trying to defeat combos like that.

Intentsly
    (UT99~ [--]Torturia)
    yea, like dual wielding. I could see how that might be kinda unfair if you have two Redeemer nukes though...lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    (...) A good thing here is that the weapon's size can serve as a balancing factor. The bigger the gun, the more it pwns but the more it obstructs view. (...)
    Like the redeemer in UT99.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TWD View Post
    The weapon can take up a quarter of your screen.
    That's Epic's call. They could decide to move the weapon further from the camera this time.

A good thing here is that the weapon's size can serve as a balancing factor. The bigger the gun, the more it pwns but the more it obstructs view.

a quarter of your screen is filled by something that after the first few minutes of the game you rarely look at anyways!
    Useful information (ammo count, heat level, lock status) could be shown on the weapon model instead of the HUD.

hidden weapon can really help aim and reaction time.
    That's the point. And because of that, hiding weapons becomes the standard. People should not be disadvantaged simply for not hiding their weapons.

maybe it does increase your FPS. Good. Next thing you know you'll be pushing to force everyone to play the game on max details.
    Did you read the part where I suggested a low detail option?

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    Instead of using hidden weapons couldnt they run around in screenshot mode and unhide the crosshairs?
    togglescreenshotmode hides everything, no exceptions. That includes not only the crosshair but also the radar map, the HUD, your health/shields, the clock, the score, your ammo, weapon charge status... Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GDRB View Post
    but don't you think that maybe you don't need that quarter of you're screen, as the only way you can aim at something is buy having it in the middle of the screen (and the new weps look so cool, I wouldn't want to hide them anyway )
    and what if the nme is in that part of the screen?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will we be able to play without crosshairs? although I use them, they always felt like cheating to me... especialy after I played goldeneye:source.
    I'm not going to take u seriously on this...
    Having no xhair would make the game more about luck then about aiming.

P.S. I would use hidden weapons, but I lose track of the weapon I'm using if I do.
    There are lots of things you can tell from which weapon you have with the weapon off the screen.

#1 Crosshair color & shape.
    #2 Weapon name (which happens to be the color of the weapon).
    #3 Weapon bar down below displays which weapon you currently have.
    #4 Weapon sound effect of it being pulled out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will we be able to play without crosshairs? although I use them, they always felt like cheating to me... especialy after I played goldeneye:source.

I also think it makes you more bad-***, I mean if I head-shot you with a sniper you're ******, but if i headshot you with a sniper with no crosshair, what can you do when I start singing 'can't touch this'? Nothing, because its like being beaten by a one-legged man in an ***-kicking competition. It is like pwnge, but with transendance to a new point. I basicaly killed a jedi with a blaster pistol and no force sensitvity (meta-****ians my ***). I didn't just send you up the bomb, I shoved that bomb up your *** and all you ****ing zig are on cinderblocks.

P.S. I would use hidden weapons, but I lose track of the weapon I'm using if I do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I play with weapon hidden on most games that I play competetivley in, however, I wouldnt mind having the hidden weapon feature removed aslong as there is a small weapons feature. When UT3 comes out I'll most likely have my weapon on the right and small weapons off just so I can have a little fun with the looks, but after a month or 2 I'll most likely go to small weapons if hidden weapon isnt available.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the weapons are part of the game, it's like turning the graphics off at all...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you're lefthanded it's awkward to play with the gun to the right, as it's a visual extension of your arm. So it's a useful feature.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Magwa View Post
    All you need to get clean screenshots is this bind it takes everything off the screen then puts it right back,so that argument is void Next!..
    P=togglescreenshotmode | onrelease shot | onrelease togglescreenshotmode
    Soo ummzz am I missing something or does screenshot mode not take the weapon off the screen? Instead of using hidden weapons couldnt they run around in screenshot mode and unhide the crosshairs? Kinda the point I was trying to make, as much as I would like to see Epics weapon models get some use (Along with "all" the player models) I dont think removing the hidden weapon option will stop people finding a way around it. Perhaps there would even be a mod to include it in a few weeks after launch.

I just wish that settings used in a more competitive environment were only allowed there. I think thats one of the things which helped in ut2k4's demise is that not every one wants to play this way so they choose online games which dont have bright skins, hidden weapons etc. I mean **** Ive hated hitsounds since quake3 but it worked in that game because of the targeted players.

I dont want to see competitive players loose out hey, thats the last thing I want, what I would like to see is non competitive gamers being able to play like that without having this stuff forced onto us. By forced I mean you have no option to play without these settings on comp mode or you dont stack up. Sure I could always blame my lack of skill but how do I know it is unless we are all playing with the same settings.

I can understand why developers are starting to move to consoles though is they dont have to deal with this comp vs non comp stuff. They give everyone the game and they are happy to use the stock settings instead of tweaking the ini to give yourself a edge. Sure there are people out there who completely pwn but I think they would honestly do just as good without some of these settings others hold so dear.

I would like to see the cross hair/aiming issue fixed though so no matter where your weapon is it'll hit smack bang on the crosshair, unless its a projectile which moves off the path.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GDRB View Post
    but don't you think that maybe you don't need that quarter of you're screen, as the only way you can aim at something is buy having it in the middle of the screen (and the new weps look so cool, I wouldn't want to hide them anyway )
    Maybe you don't need to see a quarter of the screen...

I don't care how cool the weapons are, if we can turn them off, I will.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by A_Spec View Post
    Been using hidden weapons since a long, long time now.
    idd - hate having a ΒΌ of the screen blocked by a weapon - specially the super large ones like the deemer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X