Weapon Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GDRB View Post
    but don't you think that maybe you don't need that quarter of you're screen, as the only way you can aim at something is buy having it in the middle of the screen (and the new weps look so cool, I wouldn't want to hide them anyway )
    and what if the nme is in that part of the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by TWD View Post
      The weapon can take up a quarter of your screen.
      That's Epic's call. They could decide to move the weapon further from the camera this time.

A good thing here is that the weapon's size can serve as a balancing factor. The bigger the gun, the more it pwns but the more it obstructs view.

a quarter of your screen is filled by something that after the first few minutes of the game you rarely look at anyways!
      Useful information (ammo count, heat level, lock status) could be shown on the weapon model instead of the HUD.

hidden weapon can really help aim and reaction time.
      That's the point. And because of that, hiding weapons becomes the standard. People should not be disadvantaged simply for not hiding their weapons.

maybe it does increase your FPS. Good. Next thing you know you'll be pushing to force everyone to play the game on max details.
      Did you read the part where I suggested a low detail option?

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
      Instead of using hidden weapons couldnt they run around in screenshot mode and unhide the crosshairs?
      togglescreenshotmode hides everything, no exceptions. That includes not only the crosshair but also the radar map, the HUD, your health/shields, the clock, the score, your ammo, weapon charge status... Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        (...) A good thing here is that the weapon's size can serve as a balancing factor. The bigger the gun, the more it pwns but the more it obstructs view. (...)
        Like the redeemer in UT99.

Comment

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
          I think'd be kewl if you have a weapon in one hand and different one in another, which could allow you to instantly alternate shots fired! rocket/link rocket/flak shock/grenades hee heee
          -
          Prolly'd have to be a different firing mode altogether. Oh well, it'd be interesting trying to defeat combos like that.

Intentsly
          (UT99~ [--]Torturia)
          yea, like dual wielding. I could see how that might be kinda unfair if you have two Redeemer nukes though...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
            I'm not going to take u seriously on this...
            Having no xhair would make the game more about luck then about aiming.
            It really does take more skill to play without a crosshair and you start aiming more based on where the weapon fire is landing and not where the crosshairs are.

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
            There are lots of things you can tell from which weapon you have with the weapon off the screen.

#1 Crosshair color & shape.
            #2 Weapon name (which happens to be the color of the weapon).
            #3 Weapon bar down below displays which weapon you currently have.
            #4 Weapon sound effect of it being pulled out.
            ok, I know I'm going to sound lazy, but I don't want to try to learn all that junk. I'd rather make custom crosshairs with the names of the weapons put at the bottom.

but then I would need the crosshairs on for that and I couldn't shut them off...

Comment

Screen dottage

Originally posted by Guru7892 View Post
              It really does take more skill to play without a crosshair and you start aiming more based on where the weapon fire is landing and not where the crosshairs are.

ok, I know I'm going to sound lazy, but I don't want to try to learn all that junk. I'd rather make custom crosshairs with the names of the weapons put at the bottom.

but then I would need the crosshairs on for that and I couldn't shut them off...
              You could do the no crosshair thing, if you put a physical dot on the center of the screen, like some of my former clan mates had done. No weapons was all about gaining an advantage, not because it let you see more, but because it let you get more frags (from a performance point of view). The guys who did seemed to pwn when it didn't seem like they should. Just more game setting tweaks unleveling the playing field.

Intentsly
              (UT99~ [--]Torturia)

Comment

Working...
              X