X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hidden is the best imo, waste of space to put it there

Comment

Originally posted by UnSkilled View Post
      ...you will be able to hole your weapons where ever you want.
      This sounds painful.

Comment

The usual and default choice of Right is sufficient for me. They should have multiple options though such as Right, Left, Center and Hidden. Hidden is especially useful for taking screenshots when you don't want a weapon in the way.

Comment

Hidden should only be allowed in screenshots.

Removing weapons from the screen is just one more way to kill immersion for the sake of 0.2% more pwnage. I don't want that choice forced on me. Include an option that displays the weapons using their crappy UT1 meshes instead. That should solve the "OMG rendering that weapon costs me 0.5 FPS!!1!" issue.

Comment

I have to agree with you there, unfortunatly I think that hiding weapons needs to be there to make a proper screenshot bind unless something is hard coded in. Not all mods want a weapon on the screen either, it can be handy for dev if you dont need to have the mesh to work on code online or off so yeah.

As much as I agree, I dont think we are going to get rid of the hidden weapons option that easy

You could make it an admin command I guess then stop clients from doing it other then in a screenie or cinematic camera. I dunno I think it would be a big effort to remove hidden weapons but then fix all the little things like when you might need it.

Comment

Actually in ut99 it was almost essential to have hidden weapon, otherwise you didn't actually shoot where your cross was.
              e.g. Because the gunfire came from the right side of the screen, if you were very close to someone, you would have to put your crosshair to the left.
              A good side of it was it allowed u to shoot almost around corners, but only from 1 side.

This was all fixed in 2k4, where you always hit dead on the crosshair.

I'll probly have weapon on the default right side for a short while to work out the workings of all the guns in their new forms, then turn them off again.

Left view may be good for left handed ppl I guess (any left handed ppl here?).

Comment

In UT1, I've always used the "sethand" command, bound to keybinds.

I have the flak right handed, the shock centered, the sniper right handed, the rest all hidden.

Would be cool, if you could do that in UT3, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                  Hidden should only be allowed in screenshots.

Removing weapons from the screen is just one more way to kill immersion for the sake of 0.2% more pwnage. I don't want that choice forced on me.
                  I would have agreed if you were talking about neon skins, which give an obvious advantage, but in this case it just sounds to me like you don't want people that prefer hidden weapons to enjoy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CreepyD View Post
                    This was all fixed in 2k4, where you always hit dead on the crosshair.

I'll probly have weapon on the default right side for a short while to work out the workings of all the guns in their new forms, then turn them off again.
                    >Naa, it wasn't fixed in UT2k4, the only game that really got it right was Q3 imo. I too will probably go with right handed for a little while then go to hidden for my extra 0.02% of pwnage and + 0.5 FPS.

Comment

The one thing I can say about hidden weapons though is it can make some effects look **** since they get chopped off and you can see the end. With the weapon in the way that doesnt happen!

Comment

Being able to choose left/center/right/hidden weapons is pretty much a tradition in Unreal games. I'd **** bricks if it wasn't in UT3. :]

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                          it just sounds to me like you don't want people that prefer hidden weapons to enjoy the game.
                          As if the game cannot be enjoyed with weapons visible. You would have a point if hiding weapons was done for purely aesthetic reasons.

Comment

I don't want that choice forced on me.
                            Did I miss something or won't UT3 let you choose if you want to see weapons or not? What the hell is the problem with this?

Comment

As if the game cannot be enjoyed with weapons visible.
                              That's a little too easy. Nobody would turn their weapons off if that would cause them to enjoy the game less.

And while it's true people don't turn off their weapons purely for aesthetic reasons I find the actual advantage it gives to be negligible, unlike neon skins.

Comment

Let's get rid of left, center and right. I wanna move my weapon around freely in my HUD!

Comment

Working...
                                X