Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, thankyou

Comment

do you think an Asus 8800GTS would play ut2007? or maybe a 320MB BFG Technology 8800GTS Overclocked (and no, I don't know what any of these words mean)

Comment

You keep asking questions that can't be answered !

If I were to ask you 'what will be the best car to buy in ten years time', could you tell me ?

Same goes for questions like will this graphics card work with a game that isn't written yet.

Oh and an a Geforce 8 series card in your pc would be a total waste of money even if you could plug one in which you can't. (until Nvidia decide to release an AGP version.)

Comment

Originally posted by GDRB View Post
          do you think an Asus 8800GTS would play ut2007? or maybe a 320MB BFG Technology 8800GTS Overclocked (and no, I don't know what any of these words mean)
          It would "play" it but then so would your current graphics card. I wouldn't expect to find that card running UT3 on high settings. But then again, we have no information at the moment. No one can answer your questions because we don't know!

Comment

sorry, but you have to bear in mind that I have absolutely NO knowledge of electronics WHATSOEVER and therefore don't know what any of this means, I just want a few answers that apparently I can't get, but i'm fine with that now because at least I KNOW I can't get them.

Comment

basically what virus is trying to ay is that epic is playing on a graphic card that is actually supposed to release 10 years later. how the hell do you think epic is going to sell their game. playing at low settings with no textures nobody is gonna do that. i guess you don't see that not everyone can spend 1000 to 1500$ for a freakin game. Read my sig. People can play on high graphics at 800X600 window that means NO STRETCHING that means GOOD GRAPHICS and the game still remains IMMERSIVE so the conclusion is DON'T PANIC.

Comment

he said he has a p 4 2.60
                and a 1 gig of ram

i think that this config will run the game at minimum settings, so the only piece he really needs is a graphic card,

wait until the demo is out and see the graphic card compatibility list,
                then buy the one that can handle it and that you can afford,

if you are able to afford, put another gig of ram more,

see the pricelist of ram memories or graphic cards on any shop

it is jus speculation, the best way is waiting until the demo is out and see the minimun requeriments....

Comment

I thing r1esGO is perfectly correct but he would need quite alotta money. Cause even your MB can do a workout(overclock) or a change?? Don't worry though cause you can get good fps at less resolution and even tune some things.

Comment

heres a safe idea. wait till the game or demo is released. buy it. see how well it runs first. if it blows, go out and get one of the best agp video cards still in exsistance....Example: Radeon X1950PRO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP... if it still blows then just return the card and get your money back. Then register at a bunch of hardware/software forums and start your mission of figurieing out the most cost effecient rig you can build at the time to run the game on a kick *** setting.

Comment

damage your scaring me. You actually doubt the game will run at x1950 pro at 512 with descent fps?? :O Any other alternative then? Is there a 8800 agp version?? What do you have (or plan on having??)??

Comment

Originally posted by rsgs92 View Post
                        damage your scaring me. You actually doubt the game will run at x1950 pro at 512 with descent fps?? :O Any other alternative then? Is there a 8800 agp version?? What do you have (or plan on having??)??

lol hey dude, didnt mean to scare ya. i was reffering to that other dudes specs and him not having much money, so i suggested only upgrading one thing, as it would the most important cost effecient way to see if he would play the game well. either way with or without his specs, anyone on a agp board would be doing themselves the best favor by installing the absoulute best agp card you can buy, since they arent going to be in production for much longer, you need to get teh top of the line product for that video type (agp) cuase your allready behind in the technology department, and its pointless to upgrade to something mediocre when the top of the line is attainable easily and affordably (compared to top of the line pci-e cards).

Me personally i have created myself a very very VERY inexpensive budget machine upgrading only what i felt was nessesary,and useing everthing else i had, This machine that i play UTGOTY, and UT2004 on daily, and will have ready to tear up UT3, i spent a grand total of 4-500 dollars, not a penny more than 500 upgradingso far, till comes time for the pci-e card.

[built 6-7 months ago, so it would be substantially cheaper to build similar setup today]

am2-3800+singlecore-2.4ghz stock clock.
                        ecs-elitegroup mobo-C5G1M-M stock clock.(has more goodies than you might think! in my opinion, the BEST budget board for the money.)
                        thermaltake-trupower-500w
                        ocz-ddr2-800-2gigs. stock clock
                        soundblaster audigy 2zs
                        realtek 1000 gigabit

graphics: on-board Nvidia 6100 chipset w/shared 128 memory. (till the moment ut3 drops.)

Everthing i needed to get me by untill UT3 is realeased so i can drop in a f@#$Kin sick a$$ pci-e card and ripp ***** up! (nothing less then a 8800GTX is how i feel for now, will see where i stand in the near future)

and useing my other stuff that i allready onwed previsouly like:
                        modded case (most people should save money and use their exsisting case, wolf in sheeps clothes is the idea :P)
                        maxtor hds (if its 7200, i feel like you should keep the sob's. there decently fast, and get the job done!)
                        dvd drive (any pos rig comes with these drives, just keep it)
                        cdrw drive (same as above)
                        breakout box
                        lights
                        fans
                        etc.

Comment

so, does anyone know when the demo's supposed to be coming out?

Comment

No we do not.

Comment

As early as possible i hope. Sorry virus i got a little crried away ontop I hope it the demo comes fast. Seems like epic is letting alotta people play the game. PLLPLLPLLease gimme. Oh i'm gettin a heart ache. Oh i'm going cold. oh my vision is narowing oh it's just gas. It may not be the same in the future.

Comment

This is what Im doing, heading to Fry's 2 weeks prior to demo launch.I'll be configuring a mediocre system based on the R600.From there, I'll have 7 days to decide whether the system I built is decent enough to run UT2007.

Comment

Working...
                                X