how much money to upgrade pc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much money to upgrade pc?

I'd just like to know how much in pounds (or dollars) it would cost to upgrade my pc to play ut2007 please help, I'M DESPERATE!

Dont upgrade yet!!!! Wait for demo!!!

Comment

Wow. You know, if you actually wanted an answer, we need to know a few things.

1) The system requirements for UT3 (which we don't know).

2) What your current rig is (which we also don't know).

So... nothing we can do for you.

Comment

All the info you need at the moment.

If its a more general upgrade question then your current spec would be useful.

Comment

Well I heard the PS3 is a rediculous price in the UK, kinda like here in Aus but much much worse

And yeah, do you have a quadcore pcie+sli mobo? If not its going to cost a fair amount. Thats just what Im aiming for in my next rig though, for all I know my current one might be able to play it on low-medium just fine.

Comment

I think they are going to drop the price to be more in line with the US and Japan.
            Downside is they are going to release it with no motion sensor and very limited Ps2 support. Link

Comment

current specs... uh.. um...yeeeaah...i'll see

Comment

hang on, i'm **** with computers and I don't mind you insulting me for this, but I don't know where to find the specs.
                but i do know that my computer is a Compaq Presario S6289FR Desktop PC but with 2 hard drives

Comment

and I think the ps3 is gonna be something rediculous like 400-600 quid or something

Comment

S6150uk, S6200nl, S6289fr, S6398it Kungur SiS 651/962 1 3 c00032475

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...ame=c00032475#

I think you might be looking at 1000-1500 pounds as an estimate, Im in aus so its difficult.

Comment

well all I can say about that is ****, evryone else on this forum can probobly afford that but i'm still gonna have to save up until october to get an xbox 360 (life is un-f*cking-fair)

Comment

Originally posted by GDRB View Post
                        well all I can say about that is ****, evryone else on this forum can probobly afford that but i'm still gonna have to save up until october to get an xbox 360 (life is un-f*cking-fair)
                        Ummz yeah that was an estimate dude I could be way off, its like 33-35 pence to our dollar plus import taxes on pc hardware. Check some prices but I think you'll need a new PC pretty much unless you got some kick **** graphics card I dont know about.

Still I think you'll find a PC alot cheaper then a PS3 and please do some research before buying a 360. We dont know if the console version of UT3 will support playing on dedicated servers which will do alot for your enjoyment of the game online

Comment

ok but I'm still saving up for something since i've got nothing better to do

Comment

anyway, I might aswell wate until the demos out before making any big decisions

Comment

OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND !!!!!!!!!!

so yeh, keep saving

Comment

Working...
                              X