New UT3 Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New UT3 Video

Someone on the BU forums posted this, and it's new...

Click on the "Watch Larger Version" or "Download" sections to get the high-res versions of the video.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9539

Here's some of the things I noticed watching that video:

GAMETYPES AND MAPS

We see two different maps in this video. The first one, for the first 1 minute 16 seconds is Deathmatch in an grungy map, whereas the rest of the video (about 30 seconds) takes place in a asian-themed map, and is Capture the Flag.

Many of the characters have parts of their armor that glow either red or blue in CTF. Looks like boosters in the back of some of the characters, actually. This might also possibly be used in other gametypes with multiple colors, where you could possibly use other colors.

The glowing sections are only visible in Capture the Flag. In normal Deathmatch no parts of their armor seems to glow. I am not sure these sections of armor would glow in Team Deathmatch.

Also, I see no translocators in the CTF section. Maybe that's not been put in yet.

---

WEAPONS AND PICKUPS

Weaponstay was on in Deathmatch.

The Superhealth is a green canister that rotates above a pedestal that also glows green in the center.

Health vials are more like blue crystals. They are not above any platform. Though it's possible they might have been something like armor shards.

Weapons float/rotate above pedastals which glow yellow in the center.

Plasma fire and Stinger fire are similar. White/green and blue/white laser blasts. Stinger fire is quicker with more blue bolts in the air, but at first it was hard for me to tell them apart. Link seems to fire 8 rounds every 2 seconds. Stinger is much quicker. Perhaps twice as fast rate of fire.

What was interesting was what I saw the Rocket Launcher do.

I saw the rocket launcher shoot the projectiles vertically in one shot about 36 seconds in. The shot was held somehow, and then as he went around the corner he fired three grenades in that fashion. They were a little slower-firing. And they arced downward, which tipped me off they were grenades. They also (after another look) seemed more spherical. Hard to tell with a low-res look.

He got a mulitkill at 47 seconds by firing the RL in a tight pattern. They all converged at the same spot, obliterating a player.

I did not see the secondary fire for either the Link or the Stinger.

When enemies are killed they are obliterated. I didn't see any body parts, but I saw remains of people just blown to bits. Pretty brutal way of eliminating the gibs/floaty ghosts issue.

Shock Combo looks amazing. Best effect in the video.

The BioRifle fires the goo pretty fast, and it doesn't look like it arcs much. But it doesn't have a lot of splash damage, either. Just breaks up into smaller peices.

On that map there was some grass, but it was very minimal. Tufts here and there. I suspect we won't really see a lot of high fields in stock maps - which is great.

Comment

O.o Triple post

Thanks for the link, looking very good . I cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
        O.o Triple post

Thanks for the link, looking very good . I cant wait.
        I consolidated my posts. Didn't look good divided into three posts.

Comment

Nice, I just wish he used less rocket spammage. But the gameplay is definitely more a cross of UT2004 and UT GOYE.

Comment

No crits, epic has gotten it right by the looks of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
              The Superhealth is a green canister that rotates above a pedestal that also glows green in the center.

Health vials are more like blue crystals. They are not above any platform. Though it's possible they might have been something like armor shards.
              Im not sure if you mean keg when you say superhealth, because if that is what you meant thats probably false, cause I saw multiple green spheres lying around in the CTF map.

Thoughs blue crystals I dont think are vials, if you look once more on the video just before he goes near them you can see a weapon near by, perhaps they are ammo pickups for the stinger, and the stinger was the weapon sitting near them.

Comment

AWESOME!&#^@&*@

We got some non vehicle gameplay footage at a decent res, thank you, thank you, thank you

Im so happy, gameplay looks pretty **** good from what I can tell. The balance looks pretty good the new rox and flak have defiantly been fixed up to compete with the shock and sniper this time around it seems

Linkgun is looking kewl as always but that seems to be alittle better then in 2k4 as well. There wasnt a great deal wrong with it, it was just a hard weapon to master at longer ranges so it looks like it'll match up better with the tweaks made...

Man this clip actually reminded me a touch of quake 3 not so much the gameplay but I think it might have been the palette/lighting and all the curved surfaces. There is alot of detail in that map but ontop of that the play area's seem very well thought out and clean so it'll flow great.

Thanks again for the clip this is great, I honestly cant wait. Im hyped up again fully

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                Thoughs blue crystals I dont think are vials, if you look once more on the video just before he goes near them you can see a weapon near by, perhaps they are ammo pickups for the stinger and the stinger was the weapon sitting near them.
                Those look like the energy ammo from UC2, no doubt its the stinger ammo. I dont remember seeing a keg!

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
                Nice, I just wish he used less rocket spammage. But the gameplay is definitely more a cross of UT2004 and UT GOYE.
                Get some spam in a can for this man! I love da ROX!

Comment

Wow at the 13 second mark of the start of the video you can see a character clear across the map who happens to appear super bright yellow. Perhaps he has the shield belt? It would be nice if the shield belt shows like it did in the original.

Comment

Okay, that got me totally pumped! Too bad the volume level seemed to be up and down during the clip. Seeing this is gonna make me save even harder for a new puter.

Comment

Im not sure if you mean keg when you say superhealth, because if that is what you meant thats probably false, cause I saw multiple green spheres lying around in the CTF map.
                      I only recall that one that was picked up once or twice. I didn't notice it anywhere else, but I'll watch the video again.

Thoughs blue crystals I dont think are vials, if you look once more on the video just before he goes near them you can see a weapon near by, perhaps they are ammo pickups for the stinger, and the stinger was the weapon sitting near them.
                      Good point. That was probably ammo.

There are probably health packs and superhealth, but if those blue things were ammo, I didn't see any health vials. I'm fine with that.

Comment

Wow at the 13 second mark of the start of the video you can see a character clear across the map who happens to appear super bright yellow. Perhaps he has the shield belt? It would be nice if the shield belt shows like it did in the original.
                        Either that or he was respawning and that was spawn protection. Hmmm.

Comment

It didn't really show anything new. It just showed some guy shooting rockets and flak shells.

Comment

Why do they always get the worst guy they can find to do these demos?

It's like they drug up and then blindfold the player before recording these.

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz View Post
                              Why do they always get the worst guy they can find to do these demos?

It's like they drug up and then blindfold the player before recording these.
                              Everyone isn't a gaming god.

Comment

Working...
                              X