UT3 Assualt Rifles (Enforcers) Poll ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Assualt Rifles (Enforcers) Poll ?

man, i loved the way the ut2 (ut2k4) assault rifles were (dual). the ut1 (utgoty) versions (enforcer) were ok, but looked weak comparted to the ut2 (ut2k4) ones..,, and im really not likeing the ut3 (ut2k7) versions, they bust back so far and slow, and just dont look as cool fireing

Originally posted by {|xDi|}DaMaGE! View Post
    the ut1 versions were ok, but weak comparted to the ut2 ones
    And this where I stopped caring for the poll.

Comment

The UT(99) enforcers were weak?

Comment

What the hell? The enforcers were much more powerful than the ARs...

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen...after the myriad of biassed polls, I give you... <drumroll>...the CONFUSING poll.

1) assault rifles (or enforcers): what? you thought UT2 only had assault rifles and that enforcers were a thing of the past? Or maybe you didn't even knew there was a UT2, but rather a UT2003/UT2004 combo rolled into a single entity? Let me tell you that you are right in being wrong: there was indeed never a UT2 containing an assault enforcer. Nor did UT2003 contain assault rifles and UT2004 enforcers or vice versa. That's right: it is only 'till this poll came up that the overlap started to mold together the two guns. Voting for this is like ice skating with a blindfold: you don't know where you're going and you might make a hard crash, but it's exciting to do if you don't think of the consequences. Who knows what you might be voting for?

2) ut3 versions (as seen in the trailers): this is a shot in the dark...you're going to judge by the look of a gun how it's going to play out. There's no idea on how accurate the guns will be, nor how much damage each hit gets you, and only an instant-view of the firing speed. If you vote for this, you like surprises and are eagerly awaiting how things will turn out OR you're getting tired of all the waiting and decide that it's probably not worth whining to Epic to change their design all over again.

Fun doesn't stop with the poll, though. In case your train of thought arrived at a safe station, you'll be greeted by the following argument:

"the ut1 versions were ok, but weak comparted to the ut2 ones"

If you have formulated your own opinion at this point, you're in the clear whether to agree with this sentence or not (assuming you can figure out what 'comparted' means). I wish good luck to those (semi-)new to the series, as this argument will undoubtedly be countered by many others disagreeing with the poster. Like yours truly, for example. As a connaisseur of both UT1 and UT2 (yes...I actually know a game called UT2 ), I use my built up experience to proclaim the following:

"the ut2 versions were ok, but weak comparted to the ut1 ones"

Comment

The Assault Rifles are nothing compared to Enforcers. AR's feel like weak popguns that just made a load of noise. Enforcers on the other hand sound deadly and put the life out of the opposition with just a few well-placed shots.

Comment

I hope the new enforcers are more like ut99 (powerful), but doing slightly less damage.
              They were mad in ut99, if u had dual enforcers, up close u could kill an enemy in under 1 second, they did 25 damage a shot.
              Also single enforcer was deadly accurate unlike the assault rifle of ut2.

So enforcer of ut99 = more accurate AND does more damage.
              They sounded more powerful too.

Comment

UT Enforcers were only true Enforcers.
                http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...8&postcount=65

Comment

Originally posted by Raynor View Post
                  They (Enforcers) ware stronger and looked stronger. So why was this poll created again???

Comment

Originally posted by Raynor View Post
                    When UT came out, one of the things reviewers consistantly mentioned was the refreshing power of the enforcer you spawn with. The idea of giving the players an actual weapon on spawn, a weapon that can be used effectively, was totally unique. In every other game before (Quake, et al), you got a rinky-dink holdout weapon that kept your hands occupied, but did little else. Finally, an actually dangerous weapon!

The fact that dual enforcers are even more dangerous is a given, but makes sense, since it's the only weapon you have to kill to pick up. Considering you probably took a round or two in earning it, that second enforcer should be well worth the price.

And then came 2kx, where Epic returned to their ancestral FPS roots, and gave us back the crappy spawn weapon that is the AR. People don't have to even pretend to dodge this weapon, and will just take a leisurely moment to point a far more powerful weapon at you, should you use the AR on them. The AR actually just draws dangerous attention, and thus became more of a danger to the user than a threat to others. Heavy-duty suckage for a spawn weapon; how old-school.

I'm hoping Epic remembered their own designs, and gives us a real spawn weapon in UT3.

Update: That poll is really b0rked!

Comment

I'd prefer Enforcers. Simple, powerful, and simply cool.

Assault Rifles do really feel a bit like decorations, unless you become good with it... Although the AR has it's good sides too. Nothing better like a grenade multikill.

And with dual ARs you can survive a bit longer if you've run out on everything else.

And it can be a bit more accurate too. Just fire in 2-3 shot bursts, you should see it's more accurate that way (at least I see ).

Comment

This thread needs to be....... DELETED!

Really really crappy poll OP. At least do it in english next time.

Oh and I would like to see the UT99 enforcers make a comeback.

Didn't vote.

Comment

It is hard to vote anyways, I don't have a clue what the upper option means, since the enforcers weren't in UT2 officially.

Comment

I vote YES! \o/

Or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
                              This thread needs to be....... DELETED!

Really really crappy poll OP. At least do it in english next time.

Oh and I would like to see the UT99 enforcers make a comeback.

Didn't vote.
                              What he said, i did the same i did not vote UT 99 enforcers all the way and that was NOT on your poll.

Comment

Working...
                              X