Co-op Confirmed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well if gears is coop it does make you wonder if there will be a better single player and coop framework within UE3, specifically the build for UT3. If they do, do this then modders can get access to it if needed which should do good things. Considering Ive got a design doc for a coop mod I would like it to be in there for modders to use even if UT3 isnt possible to do coop with.

Like the story it kinda refers to a one man show by the sounds not a group, we'll see though. So looking forward to doing modding for UE3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JaFO View Post
    I wonder if that co-op also means that mod-teams will get access to the same kind of scripts/features as used in the campaign.
    Because in the previous versions changing anything in that part of the game ranged from extremely difficult to 'impossible', when compared to building a normal mod/mutator for the game.
    I think with time, Epic has been becoming more generous with their content. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they make it usable for modders.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wonder if that co-op also means that mod-teams will get access to the same kind of scripts/features as used in the campaign.
    Because in the previous versions changing anything in that part of the game ranged from extremely difficult to 'impossible', when compared to building a normal mod/mutator for the game.

In a recent interview they've even hinted at more details, but given the source I'm not sure if it is reliable info :
    Rather than dump you into an arena with AI opponents, you'll be given missions within in each match: steal plans, root out infestations, or simply take down rivals. Nothing too complicated, just salt on an already sumptuous game feast.
    source : http://www.computerandvideogames.com...57668&site=pcg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    Show PC some COOP loving please! Stalker where are you
    Gotta love co-op play. It roxors.

STALKER next month allegedly. I have it on pre-order so it'll fall through my letter box at some point.

I hope they include some for of save game with the c-op though. That way I'll be able to play it through with my bro'.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Show PC some COOP loving please! Stalker where are you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
    guess you never played Unreal online then, co-op helped keep Unreal alive for many years and was tons of fun! hope UT3 at least has some of that Unreal co-op flavor to it... ppl used to play through the whole game online - all night sessions baby!
    Roger that and you got to know who would cover your butt and who wouldn't . LOL yeah Co-op rocked in Unreal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    co-op means: "cmon grandma! let's play video games!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
    We already knew that it would have Co-op, they mentioned it a few weeks ago when the game was renamed to UT3. Also, if its co-op I'm sure it will only for the consoles, since who the **** plays co-op on a PC, unless its online, which defeats the whole purpose of having it a Co-Op for the Single player part of it.
    guess you never played Unreal online then, co-op helped keep Unreal alive for many years and was tons of fun! hope UT3 at least has some of that Unreal co-op flavor to it... ppl used to play through the whole game online - all night sessions baby!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if its coop play in warfare with story driven objectives and where maps flow from one to another then i will love it. if its the same old ladder style then i would rather play multiplayer with them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wouldn't mind playing UT3 Co-op with some friends on my LAN. Of course I'd have to get a LAN first...and some friends.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We already knew that it would have Co-op, they mentioned it a few weeks ago when the game was renamed to UT3. Also, if its co-op I'm sure it will only for the consoles, since who the **** plays co-op on a PC, unless its online, which defeats the whole purpose of having it a Co-Op for the Single player part of it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha View Post
    instead of just some random map they picked.
    Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That will be absolutely awsome! Really looking forwart to play it together with a friend.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its most likely the co-op will be played in the campaing......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ChaosGrape View Post
    If by Co-Op you mean human players vs bots, thats been around since the original UT. Unreal Co-Op was a blast, but I don't think thats what its going to be like.
    Obviously it's not going to be like Unreal co-op. It's based off a multiplayer game after all.
    I expect it to be more like Alien Swarm, only with bots instead of aliens. Still though, unlike UT2k4 players vs. bots, you'll be working your way through a set of maps with a story behind it, instead of just some random map you picked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X