Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-op Confirmed!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Co-op Confirmed!

    Cliffy B, talking with game informer about several things UT3 related has stated that "You’re going to be able to play the single-player campaign in co-op, by the way."

    Good news... Unreal co-op was a blast... If UT3 co-op is even half as fun as it was for U1 I'm going to be a happy camper. Everyone rejoice!

    Source

    #2
    The article is 99% about GoW btw... Here's the UT3 stuff in it's entirety:

    GI: I played Unreal Tournament III two weeks ago in Vegas.

    B: You’re going to be able to play the single-player campaign in co-op, by the way.

    GI: I know you guys have been playing it in the office—a lot. Do you miss being more of an integral part of it, or do you like doing something totally fresh and different?

    B: I’d been working on Unreal for six or seven years by the time Gears really got into full swing, so I was pretty much OK going to something different. And I got to participate and get into the play sessions, but I have a ton of faith with Steve Polge and his team to make an amazing product. Do I miss it a little bit, being in the eye of the storm? A little bit, but I have plenty to keep me occupied.

    Comment


      #3
      I recall reading this... From what they've said in a lot of interviews there's a much more defined single player campaign in this one. I can't wait to see what they have in store. Playing in Co-Op sounds awesome.

      Comment


        #4
        i love unreal co-op so mush, i hope ut3 one is even better

        Comment


          #5
          If by Co-Op you mean human players vs bots, thats been around since the original UT. Unreal Co-Op was a blast, but I don't think thats what its going to be like.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ChaosGrape View Post
            If by Co-Op you mean human players vs bots, thats been around since the original UT. Unreal Co-Op was a blast, but I don't think thats what its going to be like.
            Obviously it's not going to be like Unreal co-op. It's based off a multiplayer game after all.
            I expect it to be more like Alien Swarm, only with bots instead of aliens. Still though, unlike UT2k4 players vs. bots, you'll be working your way through a set of maps with a story behind it, instead of just some random map you picked.

            Comment


              #7
              its most likely the co-op will be played in the campaing......

              Comment


                #8
                That will be absolutely awsome! Really looking forwart to play it together with a friend.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                  instead of just some random map they picked.
                  Fixed.

                  132456790

                  Comment


                    #10
                    We already knew that it would have Co-op, they mentioned it a few weeks ago when the game was renamed to UT3. Also, if its co-op I'm sure it will only for the consoles, since who the **** plays co-op on a PC, unless its online, which defeats the whole purpose of having it a Co-Op for the Single player part of it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I wouldn't mind playing UT3 Co-op with some friends on my LAN. Of course I'd have to get a LAN first...and some friends.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        if its coop play in warfare with story driven objectives and where maps flow from one to another then i will love it. if its the same old ladder style then i would rather play multiplayer with them.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                          We already knew that it would have Co-op, they mentioned it a few weeks ago when the game was renamed to UT3. Also, if its co-op I'm sure it will only for the consoles, since who the **** plays co-op on a PC, unless its online, which defeats the whole purpose of having it a Co-Op for the Single player part of it.
                          guess you never played Unreal online then, co-op helped keep Unreal alive for many years and was tons of fun! hope UT3 at least has some of that Unreal co-op flavor to it... ppl used to play through the whole game online - all night sessions baby!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            co-op means: "cmon grandma! let's play video games!"

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
                              guess you never played Unreal online then, co-op helped keep Unreal alive for many years and was tons of fun! hope UT3 at least has some of that Unreal co-op flavor to it... ppl used to play through the whole game online - all night sessions baby!
                              Roger that and you got to know who would cover your butt and who wouldn't . LOL yeah Co-op rocked in Unreal

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X