UT Character Creation system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kre8tor1 View Post
    yeah you know what,...i also think that would be cool and the best of all would be if you could typ in your words and they will say what ever you want them to say but make it to where you have to make a name and password to get into the word typ menu to make your player you create say what you want through out the whole game and say as much words as possible randumly with cussing or just!

They already have voice packs for that sort of thing. You can hear them in some of the videos released for the game.

Comment

i wouldn't like there to be one, changing your armor is fine and i wouldn't want to beable to do anymore then that

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz View Post
        As long as I can force default...etc
        The funniest part about this.. The Jugs are not only the second to worst characters in UT2004... The freaks being first, and Egyptians not as bad, but still really not belonging in UT, but they weren't even the default models. In UT(1) Forcing default models meant that you forced the models that shipped with the game (couldn't see some custom, homemade skin), or bonus pack skins (nali, war cow, or skaarj).
        In UT2003 (worst UT game ever), I believe I read, or saw in an interview that the Jugs were only supposed to be for demonstration purposes, and not for the actual game, but were put in at the last second.
        Anyway, the term would have been "Force demo models", but the Jugs aren't even in the demo for UT2004, only UT2003, which no one in the UT community even liked.

Anyway, HOPEFULLY that **** is gone.. You see what a player decides to pick from the character selection menu to represent him/herself. Hopefully they wont have the option to pick retarded **** like something pulled from a freak show. Fat bulky, ugly steroid freaks that don't even look as if they should be able to even jump, or some Egyptian ****. None of those things imo even belong in UT.

Comment

If you think oblivion was good you should see the customization options in URU...which unfortunatly wasn't a very popular game.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
            Anyway, HOPEFULLY that **** is gone.. You see what a player decides to pick from the character selection menu to represent him/herself. Hopefully they wont have the option to pick retarded **** like something pulled from a freak show. Fat bulky, ugly steroid freaks that don't even look as if they should be able to even jump, or some Egyptian ****. None of those things imo even belong in UT.
            The model you choose doesn't have to represent you. How many people could be represented by robots, Skaarj (or any fictional alien race for that matter) or war cows? And why should they not choose a skin you don't like?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Conner View Post
              The model you choose doesn't have to represent you. How many people could be represented by robots, Skaarj (or any fictional alien race for that matter) or war cows? And why should they not choose a skin you don't like?
              The model you choose inherently represents you within the game world. It's not a matter of having similar qualities or anything of the sort, it's the simple fact that you need to have an in-game representation of yourself in order to interact with the game world.

What he's saying is that if I choose ModelA, then another player should not be able to force my ModelA to become ModelB. I would prefer this so long as all the models are the same general size and visibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
                What he's saying is that if I choose ModelA, then another player should not be able to force my ModelA to become ModelB. I would prefer this so long as all the models are the same general size and visibility.
                Why shouldn't someone be able to force ModelA to ModelB? As long as they're ModelB it shouldn't be a problem. When you force to Gorge you have to be Gorge, therefore you have no advantage over them. Instead you're taking away their advantage of being a skin which has it's hit boxes out of proportion, is dark, skinny or any combination of the above.

The only time I would consider it a problem would be if you could force a custom skin, as you could make a bright, huge model and other people would not see you as it.

Comment

Working...
                X