UT Character Creation system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT Character Creation system?

Hey, I was wondering if UT players would love to have a character creation like in some sports game (Wrestling, Basketball etc...) Meaning choosing skin color, hair styles, tattoos, clothing etc...

I think it would be great to give each player some personality.

What do you think?

ZW.

I'd love to see them expand upon what Bethesda did with Oblivion.

Comment

That would be pretty cool. That would be awesome to use online.

Comment

That feature has been confirmed in ut3 that u can choose armor(knee pads chest armor ,shoulders ,legs and so on)but i think that u cant change face.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostBiteEST View Post
          That feature has been confirmed in ut3 that u can choose armor(knee pads chest armor ,shoulders ,legs and so on)but i think that u cant change face.
          At the very least, it is a start. :P I just find this strange that the FPS game with the most personality never got this feature. :P

ZW.

Comment

The idea is a very cool one

Originally posted by ZeornWarlock View Post
            At the very least, it is a start. :P I just find this strange that the FPS game with the most personality never got this feature. :P
            Agreed, it would be a pretty good start

When it comes to facial characteristics, EVE Online has a very good system for it, and it allows a lot of variation while ensuring that there's consistency between people of each "race" (or team as it would be in UT).

Comment

yeah you know what,...i also think that would be cool and the best of all would be if you could typ in your words and they will say what ever you want them to say but make it to where you have to make a name and password to get into the word typ menu to make your player you create say what you want through out the whole game and say as much words as possible randumly with cussing or just!
              I would also like to see them reply too gun shots too the back the leg arm chest like,.. you *****!,..or I'm cool!,.. that don't hurt,..or watch your back paybacks a *****!,..or you heffer that was my toe!,..or you think your tough rambo!,..or I'm coming for that *** *****!,..
              i got alot of ideas and wish i could make good money off them but im not done with college yet

Comment

Originally posted by Selerox View Post
                Agreed, it would be a pretty good start

When it comes to facial characteristics, EVE Online has a very good system for it, and it allows a lot of variation while ensuring that there's consistency between people of each "race" (or team as it would be in UT).
                Yup, that would work.

ZW.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostBiteEST View Post
                  That feature has been confirmed in ut3 that you can choose armour (knee pads chest armour, shoulders, legs and so on) but I think that you cant change face.
                  Is it? can you post a link to the source?

Comment

I'm all in for it. Well, if you cannot create anything stupid-looking.

But, would this give more strain to your PC and the servers?

Comment

I’m all for that. Maybe add some cool shades, or a cap. Maybe they could be unlockables that you could earn.

Comment

As long as I can force default...etc

Comment

I think it's quite pointless.

Comment

what you have is a balance between customization and performance. I think it would make sense to have a fully customizable character for the single player mode so that you would feel as if it was your character as oppose to something epic gave you. To me it adds a layer of immersion. However you get a game with 64 people playing across the world and you have to load all those different profiles for all those people. I could see how that could make things lag a bit. Here is what I suggest: Have preset characters for multiplayer that you could pic from. At least make it so that's what other people saw and still allow you to see your character. It would be nice to show everyone online your bad A character but not at a performance cost. If epic could pull it off I would be thrilled.

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz
                              As long as I can force default...etc
                              If the models are good enough (as it appears they might be), this wouldn't be required.
                              UT99 people didn't use default models (that I'm aware of) as those models were all fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X