Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 or UC2...which comes first?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UT3 or UC2...which comes first?

    In UT3, Lauren doesn't look like she's been revived from Necris process yet, but Malcolm definitely looks older in UT3 than UC2. Does anyone know the complete storyline? I'm very confused...

    #2
    http://www.unrealtournament.com/general/timeline.html

    Technically, UC2 is either on a different storyline or happens after the UT series.

    BTW UC1 was kind of a spinoff with a seaparate storyline.

    Comment


      #3
      Story line as follows
      UT->UT2003/2004 (uc1)->UT3->UT????->UC2.
      Unreal championship 2 actually takes places hundreds of years into the future.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by DeusGear View Post
        Story line as follows
        UT->UT2003/2004 (uc1)->UT3->UT????->UC2.
        Unreal championship 2 actually takes places hundreds of years into the future.
        What?! That means Malcolm is hundreds of years old?

        Comment


          #5
          Ok maybe not hundreds but it's further away XD

          Comment


            #6
            It still doesn't make sense.... In UC2 Malcolm is 54 years old.(the UC2 website says so.) UT3 takes place in 2341, and Malcolm defeats Xan in 2293. Let's say he is 54 in UT3, not UC2. That means he was born in 2287 and became the champion when he was 6 years old!! But if Malcolm is 54 in UC2, a sequel to UT3...he must have been even younger in 2293! That also means Malcolm in UT3 is less than 54 years old, but he looks like a 70 year old man. This is ridiculous....

            Comment


              #7
              I guess N1ghtmare's right.... The storyline doesn't make sense unless UC2 and UT3 are separate.

              Comment


                #8
                Or epic is trying to pull a Kojima

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yeah UC2 is like 12 years or so after UT2k4, malcolm goes from like late 30's early 40's to in his 50's in UC2. Dont have the exact ages with me atm but I have mentioned it in this forum before if you do a search.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by DeusGear View Post
                    Story line as follows
                    UT->UT2003/2004 (uc1)->UT3->UT????->UC2.
                    Correct (although I would argue "UT -->UT2003(UC1)/UT2004-->" but thats just semantics).

                    Originally posted by DeusGear View Post
                    Unreal championship 2 actually takes places hundreds of years into the future.
                    Incorrect.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      People need to realize that these guys have machines that instantly regenerate (respawn) them when they are killed. There's no reason at all why Malcolm couldn't be extremely old... They could simply rebuild your body as a 30 year old when you die as a 75 year old... Also, I'm sure 350 years into the future there will be PLENTY of longevity treatments available.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
                        People need to realize that these guys have machines that instantly regenerate (respawn) them when they are killed. There's no reason at all why Malcolm couldn't be extremely old... They could simply rebuild your body as a 30 year old when you die as a 75 year old... Also, I'm sure 350 years into the future there will be PLENTY of longevity treatments available.
                        I remember it was mentioned in the story that teleporting caused genetic problems and rapid cloning caused faster aging (so restructured clones over and over creates a clone that becomes older each time it dupes?).

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by akstylish View Post
                          It still doesn't make sense.... In UC2 Malcolm is 54 years old.(the UC2 website says so.) UT3 takes place in 2341, and Malcolm defeats Xan in 2293. Let's say he is 54 in UT3, not UC2. That means he was born in 2287 and became the champion when he was 6 years old!! But if Malcolm is 54 in UC2, a sequel to UT3...he must have been even younger in 2293! That also means Malcolm in UT3 is less than 54 years old, but he looks like a 70 year old man. This is ridiculous....
                          its like i always tell them at my party... respawners F up everything when trying to sing the happy birthday song

                          Comment


                            #14
                            It's hard to say. If you look at the actual years that get mentioned, UC2 has to come before UT3, which causes all sorts of issues.

                            Emperor Hassan won the scepter 8 years before the events of UC2, and UC2 is the first Ascension Rites tournament of the 24th century.
                            That means that UC2 takes place within 7 years of the start of 2300.

                            Both UT and UT3 take place 50 years after 2291, which is 2341; a long time After UC2.

                            However, there are various issues surrounding that, not the least of which would be Lauren and Brock.

                            Any attempt at fitting the games together would require a very loose approach to given timelines.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X