Bot AI and bot help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bot AI and bot help.

By bot help I mean will the bot assist you in your fighting or go off thinking he/she is going to win the game alone. Neither do i want to give many suggestions of my own cause that will remove all further suggestions by forum writers. Just one example and please don't keep discussing about this but give suggestions of your own. Example is if you are driving the bot should join you where as in UT2 bots drove thei vehicles and went away. They never even acknowledged you in a way while driving would run over you or push you aside. The only way to get yourself driving and the bot shooting is by while the bot has got into the driver seat you get to the attack seat and then you press one and the bot is switched back to the attack seat.

Suggestions please.

No amount of programming is going to make the bot do what you want it to do in all cases. Human players can't agree on the best strategy, so no one choice is the best choice.

From the sounds of things, the vehicle problem is mostly solved with the hoverboard functionality... but yes, you still have to take away the vehicle from the bot if need be.

You can give commands to the bots in UT2k4 (although I always found it a ponderous experience, so I never got good at it), and in UT3 it's supposedly even easier... sounded to me like there was going to be some voice recognition involved, but I may have just been misreading things.

Things I wanted to see more of, and this would take proper bot pathing I think, was more linking (Link Gun) up in appropriate situations...

Comment

One thing I want from bots is to freaking link me when I have the LinkGun out, regardless whether I'm using the beam or the pulses

Comment

Working...
      X