Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thought about the RL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A thought about the RL

    Assuming the design hasn't changed, the RL is going to be able to fire flat rockets, flocking rockets(spiral) and grenades

    Well, since the accellerant isn't being used to propel the rockets when lobbed as grenades, shouldn't that fuel be ignited the same time the normal explosive detonates resulting in a somewhat bigger blast?

    The propellant may normally burn at a slower pace than the explosive due to its propulsive requirements, but when the casing is fragmented by the detonation, the burn would become uncontrolled and would add to the explosion. It may not be in explosive force, more likely in a thermal increase, which is still going to hurt like hell

    Wouldn't it make sense then that the RL nades in UT3 do more damage than the rockets?
    They're already at a bit of a disadvantage since not only are they not propelled and don't go as far, but also don't explode on impact*, making their effectiveness random at best

    *Assuming they'll still have a fuse in UT3


    Finally, yes, I know this is Unreal Tournament and real-life chemistry doesn't normally apply

    #2
    real or unreal

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
      Wouldn't it make sense then that the RL nades in UT3 do more damage than the rockets?
      No, but grenades blast radius should be larger than the rockets blast, now that Would make sence.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Pendrokar View Post
        No, but grenades blast radius should be larger than the rockets blast, now that Would make sence.
        That could work too

        Comment


          #5
          lmfao!!!!!!!!

          Comment


            #6
            And the fact that the rocket launcher shoots flat rockets when the barrels are in a triangular shape doesn't concern you?


            I don't actually care about that nor do I care about the grenades

            Comment


              #7
              Or that they spin round each other in a spiral in the first place..
              I mean, assuming they have a common centre of gravity, centrifugal force would seperate them as they flew anyway.

              Bah physics pwns my dreams of having a UT rocket launcher for my birthday.

              (lets not worry ourselves about such piffling details, no?)

              Comment


                #8
                Hahha true but seeing 3 rockets spiralling down a tight corridor towards you is the second most scariest thing in Unreal.

                The first one is the 2-3 seconds you get to see a shock ball in front of you out of nowhere. At about the 1.5 second, you have already processed what's gonna happen to you and until the 3rd second the fear keeps growing since you don't know if he's gonna pop it or not. At about the 4'th second he just did.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Mitch Conner View Post
                  And the fact that the rocket launcher shoots flat rockets when the barrels are in a triangular shape doesn't concern you?
                  Didn't you ever wonder "how" the rockets can home in on a target when you have a "lock-on" indication prior to launch? These issues are taken care of by each rocket's guidance system programming.

                  For primary fire, each rocket is programmed for maximum horizontal spread for striking a possible target or more than one targets. It works well for creating splash damage as well. Without a guidance system onboard, each rocket would surely spiral in a random direction. Funny how they just go straight in the direction you launched them, huh?

                  In alt fire, the rockets' guidance systems allow them to maintain a tight spiral so that they can strike the target together for maximum effect on a small area or target. Also, in track mode, missiles can all strike the same target area.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I just prefer to think that the devs thought it would be cool if the rox worked like that, and then don't worry about it any more.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                      Didn't you ever wonder "how" the rockets can home in on a target when you have a "lock-on" indication prior to launch? These issues are taken care of by each rocket's guidance system programming.

                      For primary fire, each rocket is programmed for maximum horizontal spread for striking a possible target or more than one targets. It works well for creating splash damage as well. Without a guidance system onboard, each rocket would surely spiral in a random direction. Funny how they just go straight in the direction you launched them, huh?

                      In alt fire, the rockets' guidance systems allow them to maintain a tight spiral so that they can strike the target together for maximum effect on a small area or target. Also, in track mode, missiles can all strike the same target area.
                      So that explains why they come out flat as if the barrells of the rocket launcher are set out like that?

                      BTW, I don't really give a **** about that, infact I was using that statement to back the fact that physics and chemistry don't matter in UT.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mitch Conner View Post
                        So that explains why they come out flat as if the barrells of the rocket launcher are set out like that?
                        The same scripted animation discrepancy occurs in all released versions of UT. TBH, there are quite a few "discrepancies" in how many of the weapons launch their respective ammunitions.

                        BTW, I don't really give a **** about that, infact I was using that statement to back the fact that physics and chemistry don't matter in UT.
                        Okay. Nice reply. GG. Not.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The LOL is strong in this thread.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                            Okay. Nice reply. GG. Not.
                            Try reading my first post .

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Technically not all explosives are set off by fire or other explosives. Some are set off by fire, some by electricity, some by impact (nitro) and some by chemical reactions. The reason the gernades probably do as much damage as a rocket is probably because the igniter is electric based and not fire/impact ignited.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X