Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

max number of players and bot support...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

max number of players and bot support...

What will the max number of players be for the 360/PS3?
    And will there be bot support for the console versions? I can't see an Unreal Game with out Bot support. I was hopping there would be bot support in GOW, so i could just slaughter the nme over and over.

I hear Frontlines: Fuel of war will have 32 player support on the 360, and that is using the UE3 engine. (loves game-informer)

Is it possible to confirm these questions?

Indeed it would be nice to have UT3 with 32 player support on the console versions, but I quite don't know how insane that would become.

Comment

It'd be cool if they had a normal player max of say... 32, but made it easy to increase the max amount of players. I'm sure someone will say it'd be too laggy but so what? Lower your video settings if it becomes a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by samifira View Post
        It'd be cool if they had a normal player max of say... 32, but made it easy to increase the max amount of players. I'm sure someone will say it'd be too laggy but so what? Lower your video settings if it becomes a problem.
        Lowering the visuals isn't TAHT common on consoles.

Comment

I was mainly talking about the PC version.

Comment

Originally posted by samifira View Post
            I was mainly talking about the PC version.
            Thread starter talked about consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
              Thread starter talked about consoles.
              And that'd end up being thread hijacking, and it's already headed that way. So to counter that, if the console had 32 player, how would the hosting of games work exactly?

Comment

100 player support would be Ultimate even thought only the computer or the ps3 could handle this.

Comment

12 for CTF and 16 for WAR and all will be fine

Comment

I don't see the point in putting in a global limit anyway. IMHO the admin should be smart enough to determine how many people his server/maps can hold.

Comment

The amount of bandwidth per player sets the limit around 32 players anyways (at least with current internet connections). It has noting to do with proc power.

Comment

64 for pc, right?

Comment

It should have 70 player support on Unreal warfare and the rest should be 32

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien View Post
                            The amount of bandwidth per player sets the limit around 32 players anyways (at least with current internet connections). It has noting to do with proc power.
                            The player limit actually has a lot to do with both bandwidth and processor power, especially on the server.

It's not a linear relationship either; doubling the number of players increases the net/cpu load by way more than just double. It would actually be closer to quadruple, especially if the map played is small and confining.

As cool as it would be to have servers rocking out with 100 peeps, playing with that many players at once would be as much as a 100X bigger load than with 32 players, all other things being equal.... while bigger maps would help reduce this strain for the gamers, it's still pretty much an idea you can put to bed, IMO.

I'd be surprised (however pleasantly) if UT3 reliably supports more than 32, and flabbergasted if it supports more than 64. Now having said that, Epic, kindly flabbergast me please.

Comment

I know that 32 players is possible on the 360, seeing as Frontlines will have 32 player support. (made with Unreal Engine 3 Not only that the maps will be massive as well. I don't see why not. I mean, for game modes such as war/onslaught. The 360 is capable of Multithreading, so matches can start in one map, and you could end up some where completely different as the battle wages on. The level would not even have to load, ala gow.

I don't want 32 players in a tight as map such as (thinks) 1-on-1 joust (lol) that would be over kill. But on bigger maps, i think EPIC will deliver the good. I think with the release of the keyboard/mouse for 360, we should be able to play against the Vista guys. allowing for a more bigger community/more servers. (not sure if possible though) Not sure why I'm worrying, if i know EPIC like i think i do, they will please. Besides, they could host mapping competitions. PC users could make maps and the winners would have there maps ported to the Marketplace. How awesome...

Comment

Working...
                              X