Whether wishes of users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether wishes of users

There will be an opportunity to take in hands easy physical subjects how it was in Half-life 2?

No.

It suits HalfLife2's game dynamics. Doesn't work with Unreal Tournament. Its not technical reasons... its just plain and simple -- doesn't fit the gameplay.

Comment

That is a matter of taste. I think pretty much any game is improved by a more interactive and lifelike environment. Stacking stuff to block the easy way out of a flag base (or get an easy way in) would add to the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        That is a matter of taste. I think pretty much any game is improved by a more interactive and lifelike environment. Stacking stuff to block the easy way out of a flag base (or get an easy way in) would add to the fun.
        I don't think it would as the first half of the map would be getting the best items to block the flag. The name of the game is Capture the Flag, not make walls on a road. If I wanted to do that I'd play tetris.

Comment

Nobody spoke about blocking passes.
          Easier to add this opportunity for an entertainment which will not influence in any way on GamePlay...
          In the same way, as not influences on GamePlay simulation of death, or animation by buttons J K L ;

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Triads View Post
            Nobody spoke about blocking passes.
            Easier to add this opportunity for an entertainment which will not influence in any way on GamePlay...
            In the same way, as not influences on GamePlay simulation of death, or animation by buttons J K L ;
            Sorry, Dark Triads. We're gamers. As such, we see ideas as opportunities for things to happen. If you're able to physically move things, you're able to block passes. If you can block passes, you can influence the gameplay. There is really no way around it.

Comment

Well, UT3 utilizes the PhysX-Engine, which seems to be great, so I think it would be a shame not to use it. We've already seen it being used to create partly destructible environments, but I hope there's more to it.
              To make it perfectly clear: Of course I don't want HL2DM-like gameplay with a gravity gun in UT2k4. But I want to be able to mod one if I wanted to. Just imagine what possibilities modders can have if they are able to utilize online physics... GMod:UT3 ftw!

Comment

well i've seen landscapes being torn up by the 8800GTS/GTX aswell! my question although offtopic is will it infuance the servers? in otherwords would it affect the ping/data transfer between server and PC?

Comment

Sorry, Dark Triads. We're gamers. As such, we see ideas as opportunities for things to happen. If you're able to physically move things, you're able to block passes. If you can block passes, you can influence the gameplay. There is really no way around it.
                  But besides, anybody will not drag heavy boxes and boulders
                  When I spoke about that that it was possible to take physical subjects, I had in view of different tresh scattered on a maps, in the form of bottles and other. But not heavy objects which can seriously block pass...
                  GMod:UT3
                  Garry mod?
                  The theme has been created for ideas and wishes of players, Unfortunately at me the knowledge of English language is not enough.
                  Tell please about this mod for all here...

Comment

My weather wishes are as follows... Sunny 72° F all year round... Of course, living in Connecticut the chances of that are pretty much 0.

I'm on topic right?

Comment

Yeah I can just see it now. Half the team feeling the need to stack as much **** on the flag as possible. Actually now that I think about it, we already have that... It's called vctf

Comment

Hahahahaha
                        I like Vctf lol. but the point isnt to stack the vehicles on the flag lol.
                        its the same as in some other maps in ut2k4 now with the clitches!
                        Players can get the flag and hide up to 3 hours and distroy the game!
                        Without anyone finding them!(there custom maps though!!)

As for modulus! ; move to texas

Comment

But besides, anybody will not drag heavy boxes and boulders
                          When I spoke about that that it was possible to take physical subjects, I had in view of different tresh scattered on a maps, in the form of bottles and other. But not heavy objects which can seriously block pass...
                          But really in the end how is the useful or even enjoyable. "Hey I'm holding a piece of trash while that guy over there has a rocket launcher pointed at my face." UT has always been a fast paced game and picking up rubbish off the ground, while helping the environment, will have little benefit towards gameplay.
                          The idea has merit, but it does not belong in UT. It is fun in slower paced, and generally story driven games.

Comment

Garry mod?
                            Tell please about this mod for all here...
                            I just meant to say that it would be cool if something similar to Garry's Mod could be done for UT3, not that I'm planning to do so or that I'd know anybody who does.

Comment

Working...
                            X