Reminiscing the Unreal series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krawler View Post
    that song is just way to mellow for actually match music.. im guessing and hoping that that is their menu music.. cuzz that would fit perfect.
    Some bits of it may be a bit too mellow for in-game music, but the part from 0:50 to 1:40 seems about right to me. We don't need uptempo music (and some of the songs KR wrote for UT2k4 are downright hyperactive, in sharp contrast with the background noise he wrote for UT2k3) in-game because it'll never complement the action like it does in movies, so uptempo music will at some point become annoying when it's playing in a quiet situation, which will invariably happen sooner or later. (and more likely sooner than later)

Comment

The problem with the music(atleast ut2k4.) is that you cant hear where the enemy is! the music overall isnt bad!! but i like to know where my enemy is at all times!

+ slow music kinda calms you down and if your calmed down like for 0.3 seconds you'll get your behind handed over to you!!

Comment

Originally posted by »{EID}«-Silenoz View Post
        + slow music kinda calms you down and if your calmed down like for 0.3 seconds you'll get your behind handed over to you!!
        I actually tend to play a lot better when I'm calm than when I'm excited.

The reason it's hard to hear your enemy with music on in UT2k4 is because the music tends to be noisy and heavily echo'd. This is a bigger problem with KR's songs than with the LevelXX songs, for example.

Comment

Yea in UT99 the music in Tempest and Turbine was awesome and it didn't obstruct the sounds the opponent made at all. I have both of them in my 2k4 playlist anyway

Comment

seeing that were talking about music ingame anyway ..... anyone know some program that can play the ogg files alone?

thx to the person to point it out!

Comment

Originally posted by »{EID}«-Silenoz View Post
              seeing that were talking about music ingame anyway ..... anyone know some program that can play the ogg files alone?

thx to the person to point it out!
              Just convert them to wave...

Comment

Winamp plays those ogg's great

Comment

i think my fave ut99 tracks are

Deck16
                  Liandri
                  Face

I still remember first playing this awesome game on my 400Mzh Celeron with a Voodoo 3 3000 card, it just rocked. Everytime I played Iwas just buzzing from the mind shattering action.

Eventually joined clans and did pretty well on the ladders and various cup competitions. Played '99 for 5 1/2 years, rarely going for more than a couple of days without playing. I was totally hooked on it.

UT2KX series just didnt do it for me though, it just wasn't unreal anymore. I'm hoping that UT3 will bring it all back.

I'm off to reinstall 99 now

Comment

The music posted on the thread is awesome. Would fit as a music for the menu IMO.

Music makes all the mood. UT2Kx's music are NOT MEMORABLE AT ALL. Sorry. And thats a really bad things. Memorable music and music that fits what you're playing can enhance the experience a lot. I really hope they don't fail there and bring us some UNREAL musics, not what UT2k4 had.

I also hope their sounds are mor Unreal 1 like, and not bad like ut2k4... Seriously, sorry to be honest but when I think about it Ut2k4 sounds SUCKED. Sounds and music. Nothing good really....

Comment

Working...
                    X