New moves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bitterman5 View Post
    Nerfed weapons rule. Cuts down on the luck factor.
    Which makes the game predictable and boring.

Getting a double kill with a jump dodge shock combo gives me a feeling UT never could.
    Ironically, the few times I finished a public DM server with 50 kills and 0 deaths, I felt nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
      Which makes the game predictable and boring.

Ironically, the few times I finished a public DM server with 50 kills and 0 deaths, I felt nothing at all.
      The longer a firefight lasts the more intense it gets for me.

Most people would get bored playing people way below they're skill level in any game. I do. I wont play more than a couple rounds if theirs no challenging players online.

Why do you play Ut2k4? Sounds like you hate it.

Comment

wrong game - take suggestion above and play UT a bit to see where the game is heading... fancy moves were tried in ut2003/4. not too many ppl liked all of 'em. closest thing to kungfu in UT is a chainsaw... bzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Compare the communities of UT99 and 2k4 in their primes and it's obvious which style people prefer.

These poll results mean less than nothing. Most UT99 people gave up on this franchise years ago. The people posting here are mostly still active 2k4 players.

I honestly don't buy into the notion that 2k4 takes more skill. 2k4 is all about hitscans. Since players are so rarely on the ground, all splash damage weapons (rockets, alt flak, etc) are effectively nullified.

In UT99 the weapons were perfectly balanced. Different situations called for different weapons. Knowing which weapon to use, and how to counter your opponents choice in weapons was a good part of the skill in UT99.

In 2k4 all you need to do dodge->jump like a tard on speed, spam shock and LG well, and you're golden.

Comment

I agree with dookie3. Shock and LG totally dominate 2k4.
            Just try TAM (which gives u all weapons and armour from the off) and what to ppl use? nothing but shock and lg cos they kill fastest.
            Even hitting ppl with a few close flak balls does nothing compared to lg/shock.
            It's hilarious when ppl run out of shock/lg in a round, (u start with medium ammo) u can tell ppl are like 'eh, what do i use now?! ppl usually try mini then, but lg/shock will still usually win.
            I tried ut99 recently, and I prefer 2k4 cos of it's moves, but ut99 had better weapon balance although they killed way too quick. 2k4 they kill way too slow. I think a nice mix in right in between 99 and 2k4 is what's needed.

I read on the pczone website, they had a hands on test. There is a new move where u hold a direction key in conjuction with Crouch to pull off some flips etc.

Comment

One solution would be to have moves "unlocked" with progression on the the higher ranking server match making setup ,that way new players could play and get in their learning /kills and you wouldn't get the experts showing up with the skilled fancy movement advantage that demoralises them.

Comment

To everyone *****ing about how dumbed down the game is going to be:

I will see you online the first day of release and I'm going to show you just how much improvement there is left for you to make. You're going to accuse me of haxx0ring; you're going to call me a stupid noob because I'm using a particular weapon to kill you over and over again, and then when I switch weapons you will complain about that one as well; You will look for any excuse you can find to explain why the score is 25 to 1 in my favor... Bottom line... If it's so easy, than why are you getting spanked so badly?

Don't want to wait? Come play me in some 1v1 (or even 2v1 if you need some help) UT with me and I'll show you some things that you won't believe.

You know... Dodge-jumping really adds nothing to the game. It takes no more skill for me to dodge-jump around my opponent than it does to carefully time things just perfectly so that a simple dodge gets my *** out of the way in time... In fact it's harder. Dodge-jumping gives people way too much mobility and it is a cheap move that people with a hard time learning how to use dodge effectively cling to.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                  One solution would be to have moves "unlocked" with progression on the the higher ranking server match making setup ,that way new players could play and get in their learning /kills and you wouldn't get the experts showing up with the skilled fancy movement advantage that demoralises them.
                  Dude... That is a very silly idea. I mean... lol c'mon! It's the other way around... The better you are the more of the cheap moves should be locked (e.g. double jump, dodge jump, etc.)

This idea isn't even going to be considered by anyone at Epic for a split second, so why bring it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Modulus View Post
                    The better you are the more of the cheap moves should be locked (e.g. double jump, dodge jump, etc.)
                    rofl

That would rock.

Comment

I will see you online the first day of release and I'm going to show you just how much improvement there is left for you to make.
                      K cu@there :}

Comment

Nerfed weapons rule. Cuts down on the luck factor.

Getting a double kill with a jump dodge shock combo gives me a feeling UT never could.
                        & You really find Dodging & blowing teh shock ball easier in UT99?! You sure you played that game?! :P

I personally think epic should really work on a training mode within UT3, the kind that takes you step by step from noob tactics to leet ones & gives you target practice to improve aim

Comment

It takes no more skill for me to dodge-jump around my opponent than it does to carefully time things just perfectly so that a simple dodge gets my *** out of the way in time... In fact it's harder. Dodge-jumping gives people way too much mobility and it is a cheap move that people with a hard time learning how to use dodge effectively cling to.
                          QFT!

Couldn't have summed that up better myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Esu View Post
                            & You really find Dodging & blowing teh shock ball easier in UT99?! You sure you played that game?! :P
                            Did UT99 have the jump dodge? No

There wasnt a possibility of fun moves like that in UT99.

Comment

Regarding locking maneuverability with skill level:

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                              rofl

That would rock.
                              Agreed. This would really show people who was truly skilled.

"I can beat you with three movement options tied behind my back!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post

"I can beat you with three movement options tied behind my back!"
                                Add that to the Big Head mutator.

Comment

Working...
                                X