No announcement yet.

Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I like the advanced movement in ONS in UT2004 I would like it to either be in for all gametypes or for none. I want the same movement throughout all gametypes.

Comment

Originally posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
      Consider this...UT99 had far, far more real humans (and not bots) playing online three years after its release (in 2002) than UT 2004 does three years after its release (in 2007).
      I know what you are saying and i agree that UT99 has a longer following. But take into acount that since UT2K4 was released so many more multiplayer games hit the shops compared to UT99. Also remember that the fast agile style of UT that we play today really stems from UT2k3 not UT2K4, its following is older that you might realize. There are still people playing UT2k4, i play nearly everyday and i dont play alone.

UT3 is near completion, i dont think anything we talk about here will make a difference anyway. Whenever there is change people get twitchy, im one if those people at the moment. I hope at least there is going to be a way of running a ut2k4 style of jumping mod for UT3 (call it UT3pro). Also i like what DagnyTaggart said about double dodge for at least ONS.

I wish that epic gives the option for both UT99 and UT2K4 style movments in the server settings, that way we can all be happy.

Its going to be OK i keep telling myself (calm down calm down), no point getting silly over something ive not played yet.

Yeah it will be ok.... wont it ?

Comment

Originally posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
        Consider this...UT99 had far, far more real humans (and not bots) playing online three years after its release (in 2002) than UT 2004 does three years after its release (in 2007). That has to mean something...obviously UT99 was fun without the floaty-dodge jump movement.
        Bull**** Alert!
        How many FPS games shared the market in 2001 compared to 2007?
        What FPS sub-genre does the UT series belong to?
        What FPS sub-genre was the most popular back then and which one different sub-genre is now?

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
          Not a multiplayer game where the goal isn't to learn 30 different kinds of moves but to beat the opponent. Because that doesn't become harder or more skillful when there are more moves.
          This statement makes no sense what-so-ever.

Not so. In CPMA, if you can move better, you get to powerups faster, you escape easier, you can chase down opponents much quicker. Learning and being good at the movement skills helps you beat the opponent. That adds "depth of skill" to the game, and rewards players who put more effort into it.

I beat many of my fellow UT2k4 players who have better aim than me in a game of CPMA very badly, because they just don't know the movement system.

And =XM=, I agree fully. To make the comparison of player numbers in UT99 to UT2k4 is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Read, understand, post.

What Boksha is saying is that beating your opponent becomes neither easier nor harder when the game requires practice. The only things ever making beating your opponent easier or harder is your opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by =XM= View Post
              Bull**** Alert!
              How many FPS games shared the market in 2001 compared to 2007?
              What FPS sub-genre does the UT series belong to?
              What FPS sub-genre was the most popular back then and which one different sub-genre is now?
              UT is a Sci-Fi FPS.

Back in the day, UT competed with Q3 and Tribes for online players. All good games for the time.

The Sci Fi FPS niche is totally untapped right now because no one likes any of the recent offerings. If 2k4 was FUN, it would have zero competition in the Sci-Fi FPS niche. Instead, people play CS:S, BF2/2142, COD only because they're at the top of the **** heap.

I play BF2142 right now only because its slightly less unfun that 2k4. If UT3 is anything like what I'm hoping it will be I will jump ship immediately. I know many people who share the same sentiments.

My grievances against 2k4 have nothing to do with learning curves and skill spreads (total bs imo). The game is lame due to a number of issues (dodge jump and hitscan dominance are the main ones in my mind). Because of the game's lameness, the community (except for ONS, which i hate) is essentially dead, making the game even lamer.

Comment

Working...
              X