Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movement

I would like to get some idea of the movement within UT3's dodging:

Will there be a boost dodging as in 2k3 or the way it is in 2k4 now?

Will there be wall dodges in UT3?

Are there any answers to this yet?

Thanx!

What we currently know about UT3's movement as it is now, is that there is no dodgejump (jump in mid-air after dodging), while there are doublejumps (mid-air jump after jumping) and walldodges.
    I don't think we have any info on combining jumps and walldodges simultaneously (i.e. boostdodging), but taking into account Epic considered the boostdodge quirky enough to remove it in UT2k4, I guess UT3 will work like UT2004 in that aspect, resetting or at least limiting your upwards velocity when walldodging.

Comment

i really loved the wall dodges in ut2k4 especially when it was low grav it was so much fun playin instagib with it.

Comment

UT3 movement is going ot be VERY similar to UT99.....

BAD IMO......but hey whatevers, it's a game that'll proably be fun despite removing all the skill.

Comment

Because UT2004 had so much "skill".

Comment

you sure abought that?

Comment

I never knew playing video games was a skill. learn something new everyday. I wonder how employers act to being told that someone has mad UT skills?

Comment

Originally posted by samifira View Post
                I never knew playing video games was a skill. learn something new everyday. I wonder how employers act to being told that someone has mad UT skills?
                Yeah, it's a skill. It's just not something you can put on your resume.

Comment

Hard to say. I mentioned it two or three times in an application interview when asked to give some details about my hobbies and both times they seemed to regard it as a good thing "you'd fit right in with the rest of the crew" was one of the replies. Oh, and another one mentioned he'd heard it was possible to make money playing video games lately.

Of course, it all depends a lot on the function you're applying for (helpdesk, in my case) and how you bring it (purepwnage is NOT a good indication here ).

Comment

UT3 has:
                    Dobule jumping
                    Wall dodging.

but not:
                    Dodge jumping.

Dodge distance is cut down to a level closer to UT1 to increase the feeling of gravity and make the game less "floaty."

Comment

As long as it's enough for the player on foot to dive sideways to avoid mantas or raptors then I'll be happy.

The only concern I currently have is that vehicle and player-on-foot balance sounds like it's being moved further towards the player on foot being totally helpless. Only playing the game will tell whether this concern is a reality though. I'm just hoping that it's all OK!

Comment

Originally posted by ShredPrince View Post
                        UT3 movement is going ot be VERY similar to UT99.....

BAD IMO......but hey whatevers, it's a game that'll proably be fun despite removing all the skill.
                        UT1 was just as professionally played as UT2004, removing movement techniques doesnt make it become a lesser skilled based game then UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                          UT1 was just as professionally played as UT2004, removing movement techniques doesnt make it become a lesser skilled based game then UT2004.
                          It kinda does make it a lesser skilled game, but i'm sure Epic ditched the skill-building players a long time ago. That's why i've gone back to Quake 3.

Comment

UT3 has:
                            Dobule jumping
                            Wall dodging.

but not:
                            Dodge jumping.
                            in an other thread i read that wall dodging should be removed too...
                            i don´t hope so - wouldn´t be that unreal without it^^

does anyone know exactly if walldodge is in UT3? or does Epic didn't mention walldodgin yet?^^

Comment

When I talked about getting money for a game project with the manager of my bank and one of his employees, we talked about UT2004 and the next version (formerly known as UT2007). It helped a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X