This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3,360,Pc can we play eachother

Im just asking if we could play eachother like for instance I'm playing on pc versoin and I wanna join A user's server that has a ps3/xbox360 would i be able to play with him.

Nothing know so far.

Comment

If movement speeds are slower on consoles to make the controllers workable then I would suspect... No.

That of course is merely speculation.

Comment

i hope not, i don't want the PC version compromised to fit in with the consoles...

...and from the looks of it, they would have to make a compromise in order to get cross-platform playability, otherwise they would be incompatible

Comment

If Epic ends up toning the game down to let console players hang with the PC players, it will be the biggest mistake of their game-making history, since it would essentially betray the entire PC crowd with a sub-par game. FPS's were not meant to be played on consoles. I'm sure Epic has thought of this already and this is why I doubt they would make that mistake.

Comment

LOL! How many threads are people going to make asking this question?

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
              +1 apparently.

Then again, not everyone reads interviews and stuff. Maybe that should be added to Flak's sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by -VT- View Post
                i hope not, i don't want the PC version compromised to fit in with the consoles...

...and from the looks of it, they would have to make a compromise in order to get cross-platform playability, otherwise they would be incompatible
                That compromise is called taking away dodge-jumping.

Comment

It'd be cool if they did, but I doubt it. Maybe 360 and PC because of Xbox Live Anywhere (IF Epic gets into that) but I wouldn't mind it. Look at Shadowrun, they got a whole other team just to make sure the 360 fans don't have TOO much of a disadvantage (hehe cuz console gamers will always have the disadvantage when it comes to FPS and RTS), but there i dont think the ps3 will play with 360 gamers cuz of the integration of gamertags =P

Comment

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=563075 A dev in this thread confirmed that the speed will be dropped for the console versions and NOT for the PC version due to the fact the console players will have to use gamepads. This basically says three things in one:

A) They're not nerfing the PC version because of the console versions
                    B) It says we won't be playing against each other. Not officially, but we can all put two and two together.
                    C) It doesnt look like it'll have keyboard and mouse support on the PS3. Could be wrong, but that's the way it looks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
                      What will you do when it comes out with cross platform support and compromised game play? Or worse yet, what if they are all separate and there are hardly any players or servers for the PC version because the 360 or PS3 version would be cheaper and easier for 90% of the people that play games. And what if the PC is not the first platform it is released on?

There ARE reasons why these threads keep popping up.

Comment

Server Admins Should Have the Right to Control This!

I will have to dig it up, but I am sure Epic has said UT3 would support keyboard and mouse on PS3, as it did on UT with PS2. (There are still keyboards available on ebay for PS2, BTW).

Logitech has released a Blue Tooth Keyboard setup for PS3. Any keyboard and mouse will work on the PS3. If any developer wants trully cross platform play (which would be good for the industry), they would prepare for the future by including what's already there. Mouse and Keyboard support! Especially since Sony has already given the OK for mouse and keyboard to be used on PS3 Games.

Now if MS expects to live up to their promise to have interactive play between PC and X360, in the future, they will indeed need to include keyboard and mouse support to level the playing field. Otherwise the X360 will be forever gimped and everyone would know it in comparison! Epic could use the fact that keyboard mouse are offered on PS3 to bait MS into accepting the inevetable. Like developers did with forcing full OpenGL support in Vista!

What happens when CTM (Close To Metal) brings into games a leap in API that leaves OpenGL 32 times behind? And it is already much faster than any DX today or tomorrow, with OpenGL v2.5 and 3.0 due out before year's end in the rapidly developing care of Khronos Group (they took over for SGI and members include AMD, Nvidia, Sony, etc.).

Here's a link to AMD's work with the RapidMind Development Platform and the Sh multicore programming language. A new API, CTM kicking the sh*t out of OpenGL!
                        http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/V...114147,00.html

Right now even! There is a divice you can buy at a price, that enables keyboard mouse play on the X360, even selling on ebay. It supports play in any FPS game including Gears and Halo. XFPS has beaten MS to the punch, depite their best efforts to block it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XFPS-360-Key...QQcmdZViewItem

The ability to control how an Epic game plays out, has always been in the hands of server admins. In the past games, setting the game speed up or down has always been the choice of anyone running a server. If I run a fast game server even with the speed bumped up to extreme, no reason I couldn't put a cap on who could play in it.

PC players could play in controller type slow servers realising that keyboard mouse players would not have the speed advantage there. The fast servers would have a keyboard mouse only server requirement or "Controller Players Enter at Your Own Risk". There would be no difference, than what it always has been. No taking away the keyboard n mouse for those that have one! It could all be left up to the server admins, and no one could legitimately complain. In fact it would be a benefit because of more players for all of us.

It just doesn't have to be that complicated, though PC players would like to make it that way, to justify spending much more money and keeping the bragging rights to the best equipment. If you're after exclusivety, Epic is the wrong company to do it with. They make games for people who like to play games on any API, on any platform. Their world is an all inclussive world of the future. If you don't like it then I guess you'll have to move to a world of your own. Because believe me, if Epic doesn't, another company will!

Otherwise, why would they ignore a posible feature that comes as standard on the PS3. Especially when it takes no extra work to do so! You like controllers? Use one! You like keyboard and mouse? Use it! The only people that are going to own anybody in that environment are the skilled players, no matter what platform you play on! And I don't care if you spent $5000 on your gaming rig. If you don't have the skills, you will be pwned, like it or not!

Comment

Jeff Morris comments about it in a new interview. Click on "Unreal Tournament III Interview 3"

Comment

Working...
                          X