Maps,Mods,Skins,for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maps,Mods,Skins,for UT3

Well all I'm asking is what future mods,maps,skins are you going to create for Ut3.Ill start it off Im gonna create a map called AS-Superbenderrace
    Which is my own version of hellbender race but its not a exact replica of the map.

Hmm...those Necris hovercycles seem as if they'd be amusing to race.

Comment

Man... Given the power of the UE3, I can't wait to see some of the user created content. It's gonna be SWEET. I LOVE remakes as well. Someone remade Face for UT2003/2004 and it was beautiful. It makes me all jittery just thinking about it. :-P

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
        Man... Given the power of the UE3, I can't wait to see some of the user created content.
        Racemaps (the only mention so far here) haven't been actually known for showing what an engine is capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by Sb27441 View Post
          Hmm...those Necris hovercycles seem as if they'd be amusing to race.
          I might make a map for those.

Comment

I was thinking of starting with a Gravgun and a Portalgun rofl jk

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
              Man... Given the power of the UE3, I can't wait to see some of the user created content. It's gonna be SWEET...
              Hard to tell. Making content for UE3 is going to be **** hard work. It wouldn't suprise me if we see a big tail off on user created content for this one simply because of the amount of work.

When UT moved to static meshes I declared myself "too dumb" to build maps. Not because I couldn't learn how to model, but because I can't skin for ****. And to be honest I don't have enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to already.

But hey, I'll be reviewing the situation again with the new release and might do a bit of mapping with stock assets. But since I'm a coder at heart I'll probaby try, give up, and cry into my Guinness until I get over it.

I'm guessing that "mapping teams might become more common". We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                I was thinking of starting with a Gravgun and a Portalgun rofl jk
                Hey man, don't tease me like that. I'd love to see a UT version of those weapons, even if they came only in a user-created mod or mutator. That's one thing I think a lot of people have forgotten about UT is that is can and should be fun.

Comment

The only way I'd only really like to see a portal gun mutator or user created mod is if the portals were seamless ones. There is a mod already called the portal gun for UT2004 but the feeling of it just being a picture or a video of the otherside turns me away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                    There is a mod already called the portal gun for UT2004 but the feeling of it just being a picture or a video of the otherside turns me away.
                    http://www.fuegerstef.de/temp/Shot00565.jpg

http://www.fuegerstef.de/temp/Shot00569.jpg

It CAN work better, as seen above (it is a true view through the portals). And hitscan goes through too. But this might actually never be released to the public. Gun was coded by Shambler, so all the credits go to him (I only did a little artwork on the plasma).

But I plan on doing a portalgun for UT3. I already asked EPIC a tech question about it here on this forum and PMed them, but didn't get an answer yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                      Hey man, don't tease me like that. I'd love to see a UT version of those weapons, even if they came only in a user-created mod or mutator. That's one thing I think a lot of people have forgotten about UT is that is can and should be fun.
                      True,true! Although I wasnt trying to tease, I was just kinda saying I guess if I did have an original idea I wouldnt exactly go around telling people on the forums before I even have a working prototype. Yeah other people might think of the same idea but you hardly want to give them any idea's for nothing. Well thats what the request forum in the UT2k4 section is for

I do have some idea's but atm Im concentrating on UC2004 as it seems we got some more time before UT3's release.

I think one of the Epic guys mentioned other team vehicles sets like say skaarj (shh dont tell anyone) which I might like to give a go if no one else steps up before I do. Ive got acouple of idea's but really they would take as much design work as production but it could be interesting to see a 3 way warfare match all with different teams. Ummz I'll leave it at that, dont want to give people too many ideas hehehehehahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by EntropicLqd View Post
                        Hard to tell. Making content for UE3 is going to be **** hard work. It wouldn't suprise me if we see a big tail off on user created content for this one simply because of the amount of work.

When UT moved to static meshes I declared myself "too dumb" to build maps. Not because I couldn't learn how to model, but because I can't skin for ****. And to be honest I don't have enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to already.

But hey, I'll be reviewing the situation again with the new release and might do a bit of mapping with stock assets. But since I'm a coder at heart I'll probaby try, give up, and cry into my Guinness until I get over it.

Are you saying that you can't open texture files and static mesh filesin Ued3 like
                        AWGlobal I actually haved to import **** from 3dsmax just to put static meshes in my map.If its that way then that just plain sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by EntropicLqd View Post

I tried mapping for UT but I just didn't have the patience to learn it. That and the fact that the tutorials for it were on the verge of pathetic. I think if I understood HOW to do it, I would have some pretty slick ideas for maps, but that first hurdle is unfortunately more than half the battle when you get to new tech like this.

The "it might be too hard" thought did cross my mind. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 80gone View Post
                            Are you saying that you can't open texture files and static mesh filesin Ued3 like
                            AWGlobal I actually haved to import **** from 3dsmax just to put static meshes in my map.If its that way then that just plain sucks.
                            No. I'm not saying that.

I'm simply saying that I don't have the time, or patience to be able to create (or learn how to create) the meshes I want to put into my level. And there's no way I have the artistic ability to texture a mesh should I build one anyway.

UE3 maps are going to be very detailed. It will be a huge amount of effort to build even a small map.

Comment

Working...
                            X