2 small admin requests for UT3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 small admin requests for UT3.

I have 2 small requests for features for the UT3 server. They are available in 3rd party muts, but I'd like to have them in the retail version too.

- Autokick poeple with a (configurable) negative score (leave blank or null if you don't want it). It will kick off the mass suiciders that want to see the nice ragdolls or gibs, but refurse to do it offline and keep screwing games.

- Seperate idlekick times for players and spectators. The few servers I play on, have the idlekick time very low (20 or 30 seconds). Which is good. because people shall play there, not idle. But for spectators it should be higher.

Do you have some wishes for the server stuff (xcept anticheat)???

A proper team balance function that doesn't **** people off. =)

The TitanAdmin mut, with Web admin functionality like kick/ban/session ban/Mute/Switch/Personal messages etc, has a lot of great features that should be in from the beginning and expanded.
    Also easy set up for different preset configs, for example a pub setting and a war setting, would be nice.

Comment

Sounds like you want to kick off players with names like "Suicidal Tendencies" who rack up huge negative scores, lol. Yeah that doesn't sound like a bad option to have.

Comment

Actually, although I understand the need for idle kick, I don't like it. But, I'd be happy if the default time was set to 20 seconds. The current default is what, 10 seconds or so? That doesn't even allow me enough time to stop and scratch my butt.

Oh, and how about players who don't use actual alpha numeric characters in their names? Can we make an auto-deny function so that they cannot even enter a server? It sucks trying to communicate with a teammate who has a dorked up name like |\/|{}|\/|.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
          Actually, although I understand the need for idle kick, I don't like it. But, I'd be happy if the default time was set to 20 seconds. The current default is what, 10 seconds or so? That doesn't even allow me enough time to stop and scratch my butt.

Oh, and how about players who don't use actual alpha numeric characters in the their names? Can we make an auto-deny function so that they cannot even enter a server? It sucks trying to communicate with a teammate who has a dorked up name like |\/|{}|\/|.
          The latter would only work if these names have a minimum amount of these characters. Clantags would be denied otherwise. On the jolt servers "Player" is kicked (with custom software though).

Comment

Somehow one of these posts reminded me of a feature in mirc that i really liked. If you typed the beginning of someones name then pressed tab it would auto complete the name. I wouldn't mind having that feature in game.

Comment

(1) Take a look at ONSplus (also from the Titan guys)

(2) A team balancer for pubs that uses the pph of players (keeps track of pph through disconnects/reconnects spectating/rejoining) from the previous map to spread them out in the next map.

Comment

Mapvote with thumbnail preview and mut-map-specific configs!!

Comment

I hate sitting at my computer waiting for files to download just so that I can get into a server. "Tis another reason I rarely play online anymore. Therefore, a nice addition to the server browser would be to give the player an option to download files or not. When you right-click on a server name, the menu selections should include an option called "Check Files". This will open a dialog box, or user docklet, that shows you the files (and the size of each file) that the server will want to push out if you wish to join it. This will only show files (and/or versions) that are not currently on your computer. Each file should have a tick box next to it, giving you the option to select that file. However, certain files (maps) deemed necessary for gameplay will be grayed out. All others, such as a custom skin, for example, may be optional. At the bottom of the docklet, you will have the option to Accept or Decline. If you accept, you will proceed into that server. Declining will of course take you back to the server browser.

The beauty of this is that it can allow more servers to run custom content without taking a risk of running off players who don't care for the additional content. It would help facilitate a bridge, if you will, between the custom content lovers and those who would otherwise play on standard servers. It won't work in all situations, but I think it merits some attention.

The biggest problem I see with this suggestion is that a great number of server admins would set everything as mandatory, thus rendering the entire idea a moot point.

Comment

Already mentioned it before sometimes, but I would like to see some sort of feature to call for an admin. When you for example are buisy with other stuff on your pc, you will get a popup screen that tells you there's trouble on the server, so you can take action. Today I discovered some1 cheating on our server, but I was already pretty late, cause he was terrorizing the server for the last 3 matches. A few ppl changed there names to admin needed, though this doesn't work on our server. Though something like that to be standard would be fine on every server.

Comment

Yeah a mini wish list for me too:

1. Mute those idiots who spam the VOIP with music playing... I would like to see a dot by the person name using VOIP then be able to kick them.

2. Invisible log in for admins.... Whenever a botter shows up they log off before I could ban them and they pop up later. For once I would like to log in and catch the buggers in the act.

3. seconded on the negative score players. I had one player with a -1 for thirty minutes on Torlan once.

Question is there a mutator or filter to prevent bad words ? you know try to type a F bomb and it gets bleeped automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
                        2. Invisible log in for admins.... Whenever a botter shows up they log off before I could ban them and they pop up later. For once I would like to log in and catch the buggers in the act.
                        Use webadmin instead.

Question is there a mutator or filter to prevent bad words ? you know try to type a F bomb and it gets bleeped automatically?
                        **** Fu ck kcuf fvck f*ck fc*k f@%# fuc|< f you. Bottom-line: there are too many ways around it for it to prevent. It does mess up other words though, like on this forum today the word Proces****Wall (ProcessHitWall).

Comment

Yeah a mini wish list for me too:

1. Mute those idiots who spam the VOIP with music playing... I would like to see a dot by the person name using VOIP then be able to kick them.

You can right click on a player's name in the escape menu and mute their VOIP text or both.

I've been on a server that replaced swear words with asterisks, but I don't know what the mutator was.

Comment

"The logo looks ****, make a new one" "I want this and that " "I want a free toaster shipping with the game, oh yes and a vehicle that looks like the car of my neighbours..."

Guys! Wait for the game to be done, please.

Comment

Pretty ironic that a thread where everybody agrees, ends up on the second page within a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X