No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament 3 FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some inferential piece of news: from this FAQ we know that the Levi turret and Tank driver secondary fire is no longer used for zooming, so I dare to predict that zooming will be activated by the jump key, that way every flying/jumping vehicle driver can't zoom, the others instead can, which is good for balance (and aerial movement...).

Comment

Originally posted by AleGenoa View Post
      Here's some inferential piece of news: from this FAQ we know that the Levi turret and Tank driver secondary fire is no longer used for zooming, so I dare to predict that zooming will be activated by the jump key, that way every flying/jumping vehicle driver can't zoom, the others instead can, which is good for balance (and aerial movement...).
      Or.. there's no zoom in the Goliath.

Comment

Interesting thoughts there guys, thanks.

Comment

Planes are usually faster although not as maneuverable as helicopters. Besides it will give the modders something to expand on..

Comment

Hey, I just noticed one of my fav weapons wasn't in the faq - the redeemer. Kind of hard to forget about that one as I live across the street to a church dedicated to the weapon - the church of the redeemer.

Comment

Superweapons are part of the UT universe. I'm sure we'll have the redeemer (or a worthy successor) in UT3.

Comment

I'm pretty sure of it too, but it hasn't officially been stated has it? If it has please show me so I can add this formidable weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal Havoc View Post
                  I'm pretty sure of it too, but it hasn't officially been stated has it? If it has please show me so I can add this formidable weapon.
                  Unsure how trust worthy this site is, but here you go.
                  BeyondUnreal.com
                  Weapons
                  The following weapons are confirmed to appear in UT3:

Rocket Launcher - As in UT2004 and Unreal Championship 2, the Rocket Launcher can load up to three rockets at once.
                  Flak Cannon
                  Redeemer
                  Link Gun
                  Shock Rifle
                  AVRiL - Expected to appear in all vehicular gametypes (Onslaught, Unreal Warfare, CTF), expect the Anti-Vehicular Rocket Launcher to be similar to its UT2004 predecessor.
                  Sniper Rifle - Expect something similar to UT2004's Sniper Rifle rather than UT2003's Lightning Gun.
                  Dual Enforcers - The favorite from the original UT makes its return.
                  Impact Hammer - UT's mining tool turned melée weapon returns in UT3.
                  Stinger - First seen in the original Unreal, then later in Unreal Championship 2, this Minigun-replacement fires shards of deadly tarydium at your opponents.
                  Canister Gun - Incorporates the Sticky Grenade Launcher, Spider Mine Layer and Bio Rifle. Fires different projectiles depending on the ammo available to the player.
                  Target Painter - Epic plans to allow the Target Painter to control level-specific hazards in UT3.

Comment

Thanks Unreal Butcher for the link. Strangely enough that's where I got the weapon list from so I'm surprised I missed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal Butcher View Post
                      The following weapons are confirmed to appear in UT3:
                      Canister Gun - Incorporates the Sticky Grenade Launcher, Spider Mine Layer and Bio Rifle. Fires different projectiles depending on the ammo available to the player.
                      Luckily, the bio gun appears to be a separate weapon now. I hope this turns out true for the grenades and my beloved spiders also, because a multiweapon gun is good for a linear single player story, when you have plenty of time to explore and switch a couple of times before being able to fire, not in the heat of a multiplayer battle, where every fraction of second counts.

Comment

Originally posted by AleGenoa View Post
                        Luckily, the bio gun appears to be a separate weapon now. I hope this turns out true for the grenades and my beloved spiders also, because a multiweapon gun is good for a linear single player story, when you have plenty of time to explore and switch a couple of times before being able to fire, not in the heat of a multiplayer battle, where every fraction of second counts.
                        The Bio Rifle is a seperate weapon.

Comment

Actually in the shot with the new flak theres also a dude with a mine layer up the back. Dunno if the grenade launcher and mine layer might be merged into one gun or not, some how I dont think that idea panned out so well. Im glad the bio is back because I was worried for its future in DM and other non vehicle modes.

Comment

I think that is the Canister Gun

Comment

You should update the FAQ's hoverboard information...

The hoverboard can cushion your fall. It uses the same keybind as the xloc, so it's one or the other (i.e. CTF has xloc, and vCTF has hoverboard). With the hoverboard you can tether/grapple yourself to a vehicle an get pullled along, or reel yourself in (or out presumably) with the mousewheel and get into a vehicle that has an empty seat. What else?

Comment

Sounds good but I would also like this information in relation to console versions too. Controllers don't have mouse wheels etc so how would they implement this into the other formats?

Comment

Working...
                                X