Unreal Tournament 3 FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    You can add... ..all versions will be the same. but they reduced the movement speed to fit the controller-users.
    Huh? What speed? This would be a major mistake if it is what I think you are saying. Where did you get that quote?

Comment

Originally posted by Molgan View Post
      Huh? What speed? This would be a major mistake if it is what I think you are saying.
      http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=156415

I hope it is NOT true and that the intervieer had written it down completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
        http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=156415

I hope it is NOT true and that the intervieer had written it down completely wrong.
        Different speeds and collision cylinders? Huh!?

xloc and hoverboard in vCTF and CTF

Comment

Now I'm confused!

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal Havoc View Post
            Now I'm confused!
            Don't be. ^^ Morris explained that he was talking about the console versions, and that they might make small adjustments to move speed and hit boxes but in all other aspects keep it the same as PC.

And in CTF translocator is in if there are no vehicles in the map.

Comment

In CTF the Translocater is on if there is no vehicles on the map? Does that mean we get to choose whether there is any vehicles or not in play when creating a session?

I think you can also carry the flag while using a hoverboard too though you are apparently really vulnerable while doing it, so it takes a real daredevil to do it I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Molgan View Post
                Don't be. ^^ Morris explained that he was talking about the console versions, and that they might make small adjustments to move speed and hit boxes but in all other aspects keep it the same as PC.
                That would mean, to me at least, that you can't play cross-platform.

Or are you understanding this differently?

Comment

I think that this may have been said in reference to Epic trying to make the game as similar as possible so that no user gets an advantage over the other regardless of platform. We know it is in consideration though whether it will be finally implemented or not is another story. I personally think it would be great as it would give a much larger community to play against regardless of what platform you play on. My only thought is that you would need an in game friends list though to find other users on other platforms. Basically this game would require some serious clan and friend support if used across platforms in this way.

However if Epic was to pull off something like this on this magnitude and scale it could change the way people game completely and would also successfully cross the boundaries of PC/Console gaming.

Comment

In CTF the Translocater is on if there is no vehicles on the map? Does that mean we get to choose whether there is any vehicles or not in play when creating a session?
                    When you create a session (assuming a listen servers) whether or not there are vehicles depends on the map you pick.

Some maps will have vehicles. Some maps will not have vehicles.

If you choose maps that have vehicles you will have a hoverboard and not a translocator.

If you chose maps that don't have vehicles you will have a translocator and not a hoverboard.

--
                    Is it me, or is the whole concept of dedicated servers going to be a real shock to a lot of people?
                    --

If Epic manage to pull off a three platform on-line game won't that be a first? Now that would really be a result!

Comment

Originally posted by EntropicLqd View Post
                      When you create a session (assuming a listen servers) whether or not there are vehicles depends on the map you pick.

Some maps will have vehicles. Some maps will not have vehicles.

If you choose maps that have vehicles you will have a hoverboard and not a translocator.

If you chose maps that don't have vehicles you will have a translocator and not a hoverboard.
                      Thanks for the information.

Is it me, or is the whole concept of dedicated servers going to be a real shock to a lot of people?
                      I hope this is true for console owners, we would benefit from this greatly.

Comment

I think you can also carry the flag while using a hoverboard
                        From Hal's Unreal Tournament 3: Hands-On

The final thing I want to mention about the vehicles are the hoverboards. Striking your Q key will result in your player pulling up a hoverboard that allows you to travel a good deal faster than on foot. You can speed things up by using a grapple to latch onto vehicles. While in hoverboard mode, you can perform a few fancy aerial tricks but, to balance things out, you cannot draw a weapon. This seems like a good time to point out that you can, in fact, carry the flag on your hoverboard. The same flag-carrying rules that were implemented in 2004 seem to have been applied here - no flags in flying vehicles (i.e. Mantas, Raptors, Vipers, etc).

Comment

Unfortunately the awnser to your question is no. Epic mentioned before that Selket would be just very young at the time Unreal Tournament 3 is set. However with the name change anything is possible so who knows what Epic have planned now either in the retail build or in downloadable content in the future.
                          Maybe their is someone in ut3 that looks like selket or I can get someone to make her skin.

Comment

Would be pretty sweet in the form of DLC at least, I'm sure she will pop up somewhere, somehow.

Comment

I hope some one puts here in the game.

Comment

So... any more information to update this FAQ with anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X