How many players on xbox live...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many players on xbox live...

do you think this will support? Surely at least 16, right?

with or without lag?

TBH, I cannot see the Warfare mode to work on an XBox host.

Comment

Unreal Championship, the first Unreal game released for the original Xbox, supported 16 players. I'm pretty sure that the 360 can withstand Warfare. I don't know why people undermind the Xbox 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakai View Post
        I don't know why people undermind the Xbox 360.
        This has NOTHING to do with the XBox, but with the bandwidth a server uses for huge gametypes with physics for the vehicles. COmpare the bandwidth a dedicated server has and the upload bandwidth of the average houshold DSL connection.

Comment

I'm more interested in Xbox 360 game servers.

Comment

I just hope they really can have all the servers up that they talk about in the gamespot interview, and uploading the best community and pro mods and maps even for consoles (we can't create but at least dl them) sounds awesome. I hope all this pans out.

Comment

I think it will. 16 player Warfare will be on all platforms. Look how much time they're taking with this game, they're going to iron out every single hitch until it's ready for everyone and everyone is going to love it and no one will be left behind. I think DSL will be plenty adequate for fun gaming. Lag? Inevitable. So much so that people aren't going to play it? No way.

I have a sneaking suspicion this game is ready for PC and ps3 right now, or extremely close. I think the remaining year is going to be used for 360 coding and windows gaming integration (whatever that is, I'm not too familiar, but I think its...), and cross platform balancing (and console mod support). This could be the most polished game that ever gets released AT release - a true feat considering what it's doing and capable of.

As an aside- does anyone know how long it was before the first update patch was out for K4?

Comment

I hope we get Dedicated Servers in one form or another. I know alot of people don't like EA, but I get very little if any lag when playing BF2:MC.
                Also back when playing UC there were quite a few people helping the community with good dedicated servers. If we have the option to make our own, I'm sure there would be plenty of people to help out. The Unreal community is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexx Doom View Post
                  I just hope they really can have all the servers up that they talk about in the gamespot interview, and uploading the best community and pro mods and maps even for consoles (we can't create but at least dl them) sounds awesome. I hope all this pans out.
                  I think I'd delete everything on my HDD or pick up a second to be able to enjoy this game until the next one arrives.

Comment

Yeah I just might, too.

Comment

If Xbox 360 can connect to dedicated servers by PC it will be much better for the large scaled gametypes then a dedicated 360 or listen xbox host.

Comment

well i hope this game goes really good with xbox live service, but 16 players tops sounds pretty good, IMO, too many players is too chaotic..for instance resistence?

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                          with or without lag?

TBH, I cannot see the Warfare mode to work on an XBox host.
                          I can There are tons of solid online games with a lot of players on 360! Hopefully, as you said at least 16.

Comment

Working...
                          X