PS3/360 Mouse+keyboard support please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    Not easier than now. Because auto-aim is in UT2004 too: Settings -> Game -> Autoaim.
    true, but it doesn't work online at all.

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
      true, but it doesn't work online at all.
      The point still is: The code currently is there although disabled for online play. Yet all aiming-cheats worth mentioning don't base on it, AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
        Not easier than now. Because auto-aim is in UT2004 too: Settings -> Game -> Autoaim.
        For off-line play only.

Comment

That's what happens when I reply before reading the entire thread. :P Sorry ?

Comment

Deleted my post. :P

Comment

Shadowrun is a FPS game soon to be out and currently going under beta testing and its crossplatform Xbox 360/PC.

They have put this same question to the test, Controller or Mouse/KB, here is what one of the dev bloged.

Link

Controller vs. Mouse & Keyboard, which is better? It’s a question that has been on gamers minds ever since shooters started appearing on consoles. Obviously the mouse is superior, right? I mean the mouse is designed as a hyper-sensitive pointing device and has been refined over the years specifically for that purpose. We all know that the most important element in any shooter game is the ability to quickly get your crosshair over the enemy and pull the trigger. So given that, it’s obvious that the mouse will win every time in a fire fight, regardless of the game, right? Wrong. Don’t misunderstand me, that is exactly what every single member of the design team thought, including me, until we actually tried it. So, what actually happened when we played our first cross-platform game? The controller players trounced the mouse/keyboard players. It wasn’t even close; the mouse players got stomped on. Over and over. So what happened? Did the mouse players just suck? Or was the controller actually a superior aiming device? Short answer: the mouse is better at aiming, but the controller is better at gaming. Long answer: read on.

Comment

Originally posted by Knodi View Post
                Shadowrun is a FPS game soon to be out and currently going under beta testing and its crossplatform Xbox 360/PC.

They have put this same question to the test, Controller or Mouse/KB, here is what one of the dev bloged.

Link

Controller vs. Mouse & Keyboard, which is better? It’s a question that has been on gamers minds ever since shooters started appearing on consoles. Obviously the mouse is superior, right? I mean the mouse is designed as a hyper-sensitive pointing device and has been refined over the years specifically for that purpose. We all know that the most important element in any shooter game is the ability to quickly get your crosshair over the enemy and pull the trigger. So given that, it’s obvious that the mouse will win every time in a fire fight, regardless of the game, right? Wrong. Don’t misunderstand me, that is exactly what every single member of the design team thought, including me, until we actually tried it. So, what actually happened when we played our first cross-platform game? The controller players trounced the mouse/keyboard players. It wasn’t even close; the mouse players got stomped on. Over and over. So what happened? Did the mouse players just suck? Or was the controller actually a superior aiming device? Short answer: the mouse is better at aiming, but the controller is better at gaming. Long answer: read on.
                Read the whole thing:

The mouse players were getting slightly more recoil when shot, this caused them to lose most of their fire fights. So we fixed that, and the mouse players finally started to win.
                No one is disputing the fact that the mouse is a superior aiming device for the standard shooter, but in our game its not all about how fast can you get your crosshair on the head of your opponent. That’s been done, and frankly is not all that exciting anymore. Shadowrun is a tactical shooter, it’s all about the situation and whether or not you are setup to take advantage of it.

To summarize: In their tactical shooter, aiming isn't as important as in UT where it is essential to have precise aim.

Comment

From what I read shadowrun's accuracy system is the likely cause of the weird results. Shadow run's system punishes fast aiming.
                  So for the mouse we also added the idea that if you spin around 180 very quickly your weapon will be less accurate than if you stood still and fired.
                  They also add assist to the controller(not surprising)
                  So what is it about our game that makes it possible for controller players to hold their own? Two things: 1 – we do some things to assist targeting with the controller so you don’t have to be pixel precise.........
                  Considering none of the shooters I play penalize twitch aiming I'd likely find the shadowrun system hard to adapt to from all other FPS. While for long range this would be fine, med to close would defiantly suck to use a mouse to have fast movements off your aim even while its dead on target.

Comment

Short answer: the mouse is better at aiming, but the controller is better at gaming. Long answer: read on.[/I]
                    Hehe, it seems people read on and found out you just posted half of the truth. And this is why I am totally against Cross PLatform play.

Comment

Short answer: the mouse is better at aiming so we stopped the game from shooting where you aim if you aim faster than a controller player would manage it, but the controller is better at gaming when we knobbled the mouse precision and gave the controller player aim assist. [/I]
                      Fixed.

yadadadadadada more characters

Comment

Working...
                      X